Superfi.5 Pro Out of Warranty- Will UE or anyone repair them for $$? Does anyone know how to reinstall jack to IE housing?
Oct 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stereophile

Head-Fier
The female portion of the jack (where the cable plugs into the earphone) came out of the housing of one side of the earphones.

It looks like the female jack just needs to be glued or secured back into the earphone as well as ensuring the 2 conductors are connected from the jack to appropriate contacts inside the earphone.

Has anyone tried to do this themself or know of a link to a thread or resource that might show how to do this repair? There's no obvious easy way to open up the earphone casing -- it does look like one could just pry it open at the seam in the housing, but I'm not sure if doing that might damage the thing worse and be hard to secure back together.

Any info appreciated. Thank you!

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Remodel the Superfi 5 pro into customs?

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 5
+1 on remolding.

It is a viable option and can be done for around $100. And you basically end up with a custom-fit IEM with much better ergonomics and sound isolation and better sound quality! And yes cables are still detachable/interchangeable like before.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 5
heck, if my SF.5 pros kicked out like that, i'da tried to re-connect them, however if you are considering getting them remolded i wouldn't suggest it. if you mess up one driver, then there really wouldn't be much point to it. you might just seek out someone who's run into the same problem, but in the opposite ear and buy their good monitor from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back