SuperDual RC3 En Route?
Apr 26, 2004 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cmascatello

500+ Head-Fier
I just got a USPS notification email from Xin out in California. Looks like I am going to be seeing (and hearing) the RC3 version of the SuperDual prototype in the next few days. There is an off chance that the notification is only for an adapter that he was building for me, but I had told him to wait on shipping that until the RC3 was ready to go out. One of his posts at xintechs.com said that early last week was the hoped-for shipping date for the RC3s. I'll keep everyone posted with updates and comparisons between the RC3 and my older RC1 (which I think sounds pretty damn good but Xin says is no comparison to the newer model).

FYI, I believe the RC3 that I am getting will have all of the production features (Ety conversion switch, bass boost, 3-position power switch) but will be in a non-production SERPAC case.

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 8
The RC3 of the SuperDual got here today. I have not listened to it yet and might not have much time today b/c my new SACD player arrived as well (nice day of packages!). I am going to give it 20 hours of burn in and then will report back with early feedback on the RC3 vs. the RC1/2 that I have been using and enjoying for the past 2 months.

Thie RC3 version has the ER4P2S switch, the improved Bass Boost, XinFeed, and the new digital volume switch. The only "feature" that seems to be missing from this RC3 and Xin's planned Production model is the 3-way spring-loaded On/Off switch. Mine came with a simple 2-way On/Off.

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 8
I am in seriously in impatient mode waiting for this
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 8
Je suis aussi un RC3. First impressions very good. Two third of the size of the Superdual is taken up by the 9V battery. If they could make the 9V battery smaller somehow, you might need a magifying glass to see the Superdual - LOL.

It will fit easily in the same pocket as an Ipod and Sik cable. Not too far off XP-7 territory although i haven't had a chance to get to know my XP-7 that well yet. I think that maybe an XP-7 is more accurate and unforgiving with low quality sources. I would be interested from Mr Cmascatello, in particular, how he thinks the Superdual stacks up against the XP-7.

Apr 29, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Je suis aussi un RC3.

???

Ich bin zwei Öltanks?!?

???

May 1, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Got my SD RC3 (Ithink?) And it makes me want to throw my Cmoy away!

The detail is almost undescribeable and that is with Koss PortaPro's! (this is definately going to make me buy new headphones!) this is the first time I can say that piano sounded "right" you can hear the touch of the pianist. I like classical and jazz and hearing flutists thru this amp will make you cry, there is soooo much detail. Personally I don't use the bass boost, but it is nicely done, and not too boomy (some bassheads might want more, but then why are they buying an audiophile amp anyway?) I have tried the x-feed and although it does bring the imaging closer to center, I think it causes too much detail loss, but for extended listening it might be a good thing, will have to play with it more.

smily_headphones1.gif
eggosmile.gif

May 2, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 8
how do you guys get release candidate item? just email xin?

May 3, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #8 of 8
Just received my copy of the SD RC3- came with the new switches and all. I will be too busy moving my studio and starting my new business to post. I am handing over those duties and my amp to my friend, SarahLee.

Check out her thread...because nobody does it better than SarahLee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back