Superbowl!
Feb 8, 2010 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

revolink24

Headphoneus Supremus
It just finished, and I don't see a thread about it yet, so I thought I'd make one. Thoughts?

Brees deserves that MVP title.

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 33
WHO DAT DEY SAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!??!?!?!

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 33
Results aside.. it was a pretty mediocre match I thought.. very safe play from both teams. Here's hoping for a better game next year.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 33
I thought Roger and Pete pulled off a decent show, despite the non-Who-founder-ness of the rest of the band. I'm not a football fan, but I enjoyed watching the game too.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Results aside.. it was a pretty mediocre match I thought.. very safe play from both teams. Here's hoping for a better game next year.

I definitely agree that the Colts played very safe football from the end of the 2nd quarter until the end of the game. The Colts playcalling was just too safe at the end and very very questionable (ie 2 runs in a row to the FB and a delay run on a 3rd and 5 while down 14 points).

Saints were a little to agressive defensively (front 4 or 3) at the beginning of the game but settled in at the right time. The Saints gave Manning different defensive looks and their secondary just played well.

I saw quite a few checkdowns from both teams in general (which ended up with decent yardage). Those checkdowns occurred because of good secondary play from both teams.

I personally wanted the Colts to win but Sean Peyton's playcalling (which probably included input from the coordinators) was aggressive. The Saints definitely had a "swagger" after halftime.

Overall not a "exciting" game but definitely a chess match.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 33
I only caught the halftime show. Cool stage for the Who. Very clever. They performance I suppose was pretty good for such oldtimers (hey I'm one too, but they're really oldtimers.) Rogers voice isnt bad, sounds strong but not much range. Pete can still flail, but I playing was that great. Age is depressing.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 33
Im happy the saints won. A nice recovery after their city was demolished.

Feb 8, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #10 of 33
I thought the game was exciting until Manning threw the pick. It was a great chess match. I'm glad the Saints won and good for Brees. The week leading up to the game all I heard was how the Colts have this is the bag. Sucks for Manning though, as this hurts his legacy because Princess Brady and Big Ben have multiple rings and are winners in the postseason compared to Manning's now 9-9.

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #11 of 33
new-orleans-saints-logo-1.jpg

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #13 of 33
Musically
Queen Latifah sounded off pitch
Carrie Underwood sounded screechy & occasionally flat
The Who was pretty good.
I was surprised at all three.

Football-wise
Some gutsy plays being called by NO in the second half
I'm glad it didn't come down to the 2-point conversion call.
Jeremy Shockey deserved the MVP

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #14 of 33
What was the best Super Bowl commercial? I spent the day with my girl friend so I didn't get to watch the game or the ads.

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #15 of 33
Honestly flashnolan, you didnt miss much, ads or game. Google has a link to the ads via youtube on their HP, if you feel the urge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back