Superb deal: UK/Europe/World JVC HA-FX1000s 69 pounds or 86 Euro's
Apr 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

SuperStoneRose

New Head-Fier
For those of you in the UK - there is an amazing price on JVC HA-FX1000's. 

Now I know that you can't advertise on these forums - and I have nothing to do with this supplier... but given that I have read these forums for so many years I thought it time that I give something back!

As mentioned just do your research through google and that auction site and you'll find a couple of sites that you can get them through. 

I originally bought these for £250 from the Apple store and what hi-fi have a review here:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/jvc-ha-fx1000

Thanks, 

TheSuperStoneRose

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 35
Definitely not - I have those and a set of the ha-fx300's that they are selling (also for less than £20 which is an absolute bargain) - and both were genuine. 

I was worried at first too. One other really good thing - they have a shop in London on Baker Street - if you want to check them out in person you can!

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 35
Thanks for the heads up, i've just ordered the FX1000s. I understand these are the same as the old FX500 right? If so I once had their big brother, the FX700 and they were awesome with trance and electronica. So open and with incredible bass. At just £70 I hope that these will make a decent universal as a back up to my UM customs.

May 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 35
My FX-1000s arrived this morning and i've been running them in ever since. Having sold a pair of FX-700s last year (and regretted it) having these is like being meeting an old friend again. Great tone, depth and weight, pretty smooth too (from my DX100). They do sound quite similar to the '700s, though I don't doubt the big brother is superior. At £69 delivered they are deal of the century for UK Headfiers used to Rip-off Britain. Just be sure to put a few hours on them before listening - they sound awful out of the box.

May 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #11 of 35
I was going to buy them but i considered that although the price is considerably lower than the retail price, the price is the same with the fxt90 their siblins. Therefore i havent decided to pull the trigger

May 4, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #12 of 35
They are advertising in 3 places - ebay, amazon and there digital discount website. 

Glad that this deal has been of use to some!

Having spent a little more time with the FX1000's I have to say that in many ways they are better than the IE8's... but the IE8's are definitely the superior and more appropriate headphone for louder volumes and when you are out and about. 

Whilst we are on this topic the same retailer has the FX300's for less than £20... the reason that I purchased the FX1000's was these headphone.... i find them the be the ultimate in-bed headphone... they sit flush against my ear really nicely and you can lie on your side without them causing much annoyance. 

For people that are looking to buy after-market tips for the FX1000's I have found that they are exactly the same as the Sennheiser IE8's... I am using the IE8's double flange tips on my FX1000's. But if you need comply's you now know which size to order as there is no link for these on the Comply website... Basically you would be looking at the comply T500 or TX500.

I will be sticking with my Sennheiser double flange tips!

May 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 35
I can order'em via ebay, but what's this "Royal Mail International Signed-for". Does this delivery require signature or something?

But then again, nvm I think I have my hands full with current iems.

May 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #14 of 35
Hello - yes this means that somebody will have to sign for the item in your country when it arrives at your address. 

I only just noticed that they are shipping worldwide via eBay... so if you are in Europe where you won't get tax these may also be a great deal!

May 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #15 of 35
Couldn't agree with you more on this... I feel the same about them, having purchased them and then trading them in for the Sennheiser IE8's. 

They have a lot of postives vs the IE8's - the chap that has reviewed the 236 IEM's on this site has got them spot on I think... the soundstage is very close to the IE8's but they are more fatiguing than the IE8's at high volumes.

Around the house, in the office and in bed they are perfect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back