Super Mini V3
Oct 31, 2002 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sonicthewebhog

100+ Head-Fier
My supermini was still in production queue when Mr. Feng informed me about the new features that were being implimented into 'version 3' of the supermini:
"digital volume control (no more that knob), input jack (no more that short cord) and larger power caps (better sound)." I opted to wait until he finished his new design and hopefully I'll receive it soon!!!

John

Oct 31, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 16
Do you mind telling us how much yours was?

Did you get all of those improvements for the $79 price, or did you pay $125?

Oct 31, 2002 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 16
He never charged 125 as was stated on his website. He gave me the choice of waiting for an additional week or two to receive the improvements without any additional costs...

Oct 31, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 16
Hm... maybe that's why mine hasn't come yet...

Well, I'll gladly wait the extra time then!

I'd rather not speculate on pricing... but I'm going to anyways
biggrin.gif
. I feel like he's probably not going to keep it at $125, since he said in his latest that the production time of his new design will be much less. But if he does keep it at $125, I would still consider that a fair deal for what you are getting. If it goes lower than $125, and it probably will, fixup is not making as much as he most likely could. Bad businessman, perhaps, but in my eyes, a good guy.

Nov 1, 2002 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 16
Hi,
Price information on Fixup V.3:
Quote:

[10/31/02] I've got much more sleep since the shutdown of my amps, but I have not been sleeping all the time. I spent most of my spare time to develop the V3.0 of my super mini (scroll down to the history section). I've just finished the first two, and they work just the way I wanted - one-button digital volume control, line-in jack and large caps. Online purchasing will be available as soon as I receive all the new parts (1-2 weeks). The listed price will be $169, but headwize and head-fi members will get the introductory price of only $99.99.

Nice!!

Purk

Nov 1, 2002 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 16
How will we prove we're members I wonder?

Just say you're a member and you get the cheaper price?

Nov 1, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #10 of 16
looks good, so does that mean I have to buy a little cable to link the amp and player or is one going to be provided in the cost? since its not connected to the amp anymore....

Nov 2, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #11 of 16
watchdog,
Quote:

How will we prove we're members I wonder?

Just say you're a member and you get the cheaper price?

I don't think average joe will know headfi or headwize. Just tell him that you are a member. Fixup can search a forum for member name and profile. Mr. Fixup is a great guy, so no worry there.

Purk

Nov 2, 2002 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 16
from the website:
large power caps - 470uF (vs. 220uF before) and should sound as good as a full meta42 if not better. Battery life is the same

sounds good to me. I wonder why 99.99 price on the website though. he talked about maybe making them cheaper than they previously were since it takes less time to make the new models.

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #13 of 16
Perhaps the better parts he is using, will bump up the price...

Looks like a straightwire to be used with the new V3 super mini.

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 16
Guys,
I don't think fixup amps will cheap as it used to be. We have to accept it that his amp won't be at the same price. If he said that it will sound better with higher quality parts, and smaller due to digital volume control and work better...we have to comply with his price in order to get it.

Purk

Nov 2, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #15 of 16
Hrm, wouldn't most, if not all, buyers of his amp be head-fi/headwize members? How else would you know about this amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back