super fi 5pros housing cracking
Mar 24, 2006 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

jterp7

100+ Head-Fier
anyone else experiencing the same thing i am?? THis is the second time its happened (I RMAed the first time) it looks like I shoulda invested in something more durable, since the e3c's i still have are doing perfectly fine and they are much older.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 54
heh i just wanna ask if you've ever dropped them before, because i haven't...and this is the 2nd time its started cracking and i've only had them for like 2 months..unless my canals are exerting enough pressure on the housings to crack them after about 200hours of use?

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 54
I haven't dropped mine, and it cracked on the 3rd day while putting it in my ears.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 54
This just happened to me too and I've only put like 40 hours on them..you know, they've gotta be thinking about this..aren't they redoing the wire and mainly because of customer feedback?

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 54
Well UE better do something soon, because if I get a replacement and it cracks again I will have to switch to the shure e4c .

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #8 of 54
same here. my super.fi pros from guitar center had a crack in them when i bought them (i noticed it as i took them out of package). that was two weeks ago and i havent had a chance to take them back yet and i hope i dont have to send them to ue. reading this thread makes me think i should go for a full refund if i can and wait and see on the new shures.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 54
frown.gif
A couple of days ago I noticed a hair line crack in my clear SF5Ps (right side). I got them in January and have about 30 hours on them. They stay in the aluminum case whenver they are out of my ears. I take good care of them, so this is very dissapointing. I love their sound and I have been treated well by UE customer support (answering questions, free tips, etc.). I'm just wondering if I should send them in now or wait to see if the crack will spread and affect the sound or just stop working altogether??
confused.gif

attachment.php

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #10 of 54
This is very suprising. I just chuck them in my pockets when not using them and they're fine. The material used to make the actual ear pieces seems very durable.

Maybe some batches were manufactured differently?

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by beedee
frown.gif
A couple of days ago I noticed a hair line crack in my clear SF5Ps (right side).

Same here. Mine cracked on the right side.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 54
Seems like a batch problem to me
confused.gif

To Beedee, WhiteShadow, jterp7, sisenor: When did you guys get your Super.Fi's?

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 54
mine was right side too but on EBs...they were cracked when I first opened the package

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #14 of 54
I got mine from amazon a little less than a month ago.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #15 of 54
I have a pair also bought from Amazon right after Christmas. Use them about four times a week for a few hours each time, and haven't had any problems. It does sound as though it's a batch problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back