Super.fi 5 EB's or ??..
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ad1tya

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

First id like to say hi!..

Ive been lurking for years now, finally got around to registering.

So, Ill get straight to it.
My budget is 150$ (excluding shipping etc, since Im in India)

I was looking at the UE Super.fi 5 EB's to pair with my iPhone 3G.

Im not Audiophile, but I love great Audio Quality.

I specifically want something that will have a good punch with the bass.

So, what should I go for?..
Super.fi 5 EB's, Etymotic ER6i's, Shure SE110's?..

Thanks,
Ad1tya.

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 10
toughnut is absolutly correct. in this price range if you by armature driven earphones ie shures or UE (even the EB version of the superfi5, which i own) will lack the bass you are probably looking for the four listed by toughnut are all roumered to be very good but i would also look at the new sennheiser IE6 i have just bought a pair and for the money i cant believe how much the offer. the bass is very strong without being overpowering and the soundstage is so big for the price. when you try to bye them try amazon.co.uk they seem to be cheaper in the UK than most other places.

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 10
atrio m5 if you definitely looking for some good bass. from what i hear, seems like the bass on the atrio are cleaner than those of the super.fi EB. im not too sure about denons but it seems like a lot of people enjoy theirs.

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 10
super fi 5 pro has way lot of bass and are much cleaner than the EB version.(and is more exciting to listen to as well)

Don't even think about shure...

if you got $100 extra, i'd suggest um2 for you. It's got more bass and is a huge step up.

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 10
At 150$ im already stretching my budget..

The Atrio M5 is more like 190$, so well, I could afford it if I had free shipping :/...

What should I go for between the Atrio M5 and the Denon c751.
The Denon is more like 100$ and will burn a much smaller hole in my pocket, but is it as good?

Also, when I say I want good punching bass, the doesnt mean that I dont want clear crisp vocals too :p.

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 10
Quick question...

Dynamic Drivers are better than Diaphragm Drivers for Bass?.... ie. they provide more bass?

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad1tya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question...

Dynamic Drivers are better than Diaphragm Drivers for Bass?.... ie. they provide more bass?

dynamic is diaphragm...most speakers i know of uses diaphragms, the question i think you want to ask is does dynamic drivers give more bass than balanced armatures, the quick answer is yes, but is it particularly better bass. depends on the earphones.

balanced armatures use a diaphragm also, its just tiny and vibrated in a different more accurate way.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 10
M5 can be had for usd140+ excl shipping from roaddogonline store or via their ebay store. Offer them your price instead of paying for full retail price. Hope that help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back