:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #361 of 441
I had hoped to align a business trip to make this meet, but it just is not happening. Is anyone planning on spending some time at the Eddie Current table that can do some listening impressions for me? I was also interested in the Questyle QP1/R DAPs if anyone is going to listen to those.
  • EC Lineup Comparison: I was hoping to see what pairs the best with the Audeze LCD lineup - any would do - from the new TOTL amp to the 445, 2a3, ZD, and BA. However, any headphone notes would do as I am familiar with most TOTL HPs. I am looking for a perspective of SQ differences, pairings, and perspective vs. other reference amps such as my Mjolnir SS.
  • Black Widow vs. LC: I am also very interested to get a direct comparison of the new Black Widow to the Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon amp as both look very interesting.
  • Questyle QP1/R vs. AK100ii: The AK is a hard to beat mix of UI, size, and SQ, but I would love to get a bigger, more desktop like sound - bigger but intimate soundstage, thicker, meatier, and more textured without giving up detail or transparency, warmer without a hint of always on bass. Can someone familiar with the AK100/120ii or 240 do a comparison for me:
    1. SQ
    2. UI
    3. Portability

Impressions from the last meet were all thumbs up across the board, but without any SQ perspective or reference amp comparison or even HP pairing notes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #364 of 441
  I can being mine in.  I'll drop by your table.

Awesome! I'll only be there from 9AM till about 11.45AM though. Will you be there in the morning?

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #366 of 441
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #367 of 441
The organizers can put "Absolute Rookie" on my name tag, it will probably make everything run smoother.

I am stoked to see Noble there, they were at the top of my list for CIEM's as well as JH. I just cant decide if I should drag along my amp/DAC combo.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #368 of 441
I just now learned of this and am contemplating attending.

The problem is my gear- the only stuff I could really share would be my Grado SR225's and my Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii's, both which are not the most unique gear.

Would anyone even want to listen to either?

-S

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #370 of 441
You must be using a different calendar.  This Saturday is July the 18th.  And you don't have to bring any gear.  You can just show up to meet people and try out gear from all the vendors in attendance.  

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #372 of 441
  The organizers can put "Absolute Rookie" on my name tag, it will probably make everything run smoother.

I am stoked to see Noble there, they were at the top of my list for CIEM's as well as JH. I just cant decide if I should drag along my amp/DAC combo.

If it's a portable rig they should.  They did at Can-Jam.

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #373 of 441
Coming!!

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #374 of 441
  You must be using a different calendar.  This Saturday is July the 18th.  And you don't have to bring any gear.  You can just show up to meet people and try out gear from all the vendors in attendance.  

Perfect!

Also, what is the day and date of this thing?????

Saturday, July 18 2015 doesn't exist.

It doesn't?!?!?!?!?  Do you know something the rest of us don't????

OK, OK.

I screwed up.

I thought it was Friday.

Would've been nice if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back