:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Jul 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #346 of 441
For trying out gear on the vendor side, what do you guys normally bring? 

I'm thinking of bringing my Macbook, but not too sure what cables to bring. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #350 of 441

Ethan, how do you like the N100H?

It's fantastic, please stop by and check it out. Will also have an UpTone Audio Regen to try out with the rig!

beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #351 of 441

Not all of the Vendors will let you hook up your Laptop to their rigs, so I would recommend bringing some Mix CDs and flash drives as well just in case.

As for cables, I dont think I understand what you mean fully. Also I would recommend bringing your reference headphones as well.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #353 of 441

Lol, you were at Headmasters at CAF a few years back... you can't be that much out of practice?  
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #354 of 441

Lol, you were at Headmasters at CAF a few years back... you can't be that much out of practice?  
biggrin.gif

Haha, well it has been a few years :). It's all a bit hazy. 

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #355 of 441
If the SF meet is anything like the L.A. area one earlier this year, you don't need to bring anything to listen to either the member showcases or the exhibitors booths. The members usually had laptops with music and most of the exhibitors had a DAP (Digital Audio Player) as the source to feed their rigs. So if you have a bit of time before the meet, it may be worthwhile to figure out how to work the darn things because several of us (myself included) had to ask for help multiple times while trying cluelessly how to work these netherworld-era DAP's. 
rolleyes.gif
. Actually if one of you knows which DAP is the most prevelant used, and can post step-by-step photo instructions or a video link of how to work the touchscreen menus, that may do the trick.

+ for the comment about bringing your own test trax. As was suggested to me last time, I will be bringing some songs that I am familiar with on both CD, flash drive (SD card anyway), and on my cell phone. Lossless files of well-mastered music is the way to go, so that you can see how much 'sonic juice' an amp and/or headphone is able to squeeze out of your reference track. With a flash drive, cell phone & CD with your songs, I see no need for a laptop, and most exhibitors seem to be fine with letting you hook up your files with permission, or your own headphones for reference / comparison.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #360 of 441
  At Can-Jam the vendors let me use my dap and portable amp to listen to their headphones.  Hopefully SF will be the same.

I'm sure everyone here will be accommodating as well!

Dear baby Jesus, dear Tom Cruise's god, etc, please protect my wallet and credit cards at my first meetup. Amen.

LOL, very true!

Head's up everyone!

We're closing registration for this event at 17:00 PDT TODAY (July 16, 2015), so be sure to register by then if you plan on attending!

You can register at the following URL: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pre-meet-rooftop-party-downtown-san-francisco-tickets-17623647805

This is going to be a lot of fun!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back