Sunricky's cables - DO NOT BUY
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

St0rMl0rD

100+ Head-Fier
So I have to share this experience of mine with Sunricky's cables. In short, they SUCK. I bought one for around 30 € on eBay. It wasn't only a couple of months it started dying on me - the left side. Once it died completely, I sent it back to them and I waited for over a month to get it back. So I got back the replacement cable two months ago. Well, now, after two months, same thing happened - the cable suddenly died on the left side - the same as the first time. I let him know directly that the cables suck. Also, the over the ear loop is fixed - you cannot adapt it to your own ear, so it's not very comfortable. Luckily, I am getting my impressions on 23rd Oct for a pair of 1964 V6-Stage CIEMs.

-J

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Not sure what others stories will be I can share mine.

I bought a Dark Lord cable from Sunricky well over a year ago, I never had any problems with it during it's life with me which would of been about 6 months in total I guess, before selling the IEM's. The cable was well looked after though and always treated well. I can add during my time I've witnessed many members go ahead with his cables in the TF10 thread and were happy. I do remember reading one member saying his cable broke from the jack strain relief, but most of the others were positive stories for a $35 shipped cable. I would expect something more expensive to  have better build quality but really in this hobby $35 for a cable is peanuts to pay to some.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Compared to the stock cable the sunricky cables look better and can sound better, but durability is ridicoulus i had a dark angel, white angel and another copper much expensive cable all died around 2 or 3 months, and my first white angel left side died around a week so sent it back and waited about a month.. the effect studio cables looks way more sturdy, while i didn't like the sound of the pearl they look way better finished

Users who are viewing this thread

Back