Sunn O)))
May 16, 2007 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone give me any info on this band? I heard a single song today, and it sounded very very droney, which I like. It was on a friends ipod and he didnt know any album names (or anything for that matter), he just kept the library of the person that sold it to him. I loved it however, and can't really find much at all about them on the net. Cheers

May 16, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 11
The name is "Sunn O)))", with two "n"s. If you search for that you should be able to find info easily. Black One is definitely one to pick up.

I love them too
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 11
doom drone band. they started as a cover band of Earth where they get a lot of their influence from. i think one of the members is from khanate, similar music. they're pretty popular so finding what you want about them should be easy.

May 16, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 11
White2 and Black One are my favorite Sunn O))) albums. Black One (as kinda implied by the name) is a bit more black-metalish, and White2 is more of a traditional drone, IMO.

May 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 11
oooo Sunn O))), easily one of my favorite bands. Listening to Altar now, i love these guys.
not much to say that hasn't already been said. be open minded, patient and persistent, their discography is pretty eclectic.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

i love my beyerdynamic)))) dt770, its as if they were made for Sunn O))).

May 16, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 11
Drone/Doom band SUNN O))) is one of my absolute favorites and I think the "Black One" cd is the best one. I thing "Black One" is the cd that's the hardest to like since there isn't very much happening. It contains mostly +1minutes long guitar/bass strokes, some strange noise and sometimes a cymbal. On the other hand, you need to be very focused while listening to it since it's actually really complex music even though it's very slow and heavy, and there is a lot of hidden details that lies around.

As mentioned earlier, Extreme Drone band Khanate sound a bit like SUNN O))) but contains a lot more drumming and evident lyrics. Check their cd "Capture & Release" - really really good album!

Ohh and don't forget; "Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results"

/Chopha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back