Sunn O)))
May 16, 2007 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone give me any info on this band? I heard a single song today, and it sounded very very droney, which I like. It was on a friends ipod and he didnt know any album names (or anything for that matter), he just kept the library of the person that sold it to him. I loved it however, and can't really find much at all about them on the net. Cheers

May 16, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 11

goldenratiophi

Headphoneus Supremus
The name is "Sunn O)))", with two "n"s. If you search for that you should be able to find info easily. Black One is definitely one to pick up.

I love them too
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 11

keanej6

500+ Head-Fier
doom drone band. they started as a cover band of Earth where they get a lot of their influence from. i think one of the members is from khanate, similar music. they're pretty popular so finding what you want about them should be easy.

May 16, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 11

elbrickodaviso

100+ Head-Fier
White2 and Black One are my favorite Sunn O))) albums. Black One (as kinda implied by the name) is a bit more black-metalish, and White2 is more of a traditional drone, IMO.

May 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 11

jonnywolfet

Headphoneus Supremus
oooo Sunn O))), easily one of my favorite bands. Listening to Altar now, i love these guys.
not much to say that hasn't already been said. be open minded, patient and persistent, their discography is pretty eclectic.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

i love my beyerdynamic)))) dt770, its as if they were made for Sunn O))).

May 16, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 11

Chopha

100+ Head-Fier
Drone/Doom band SUNN O))) is one of my absolute favorites and I think the "Black One" cd is the best one. I thing "Black One" is the cd that's the hardest to like since there isn't very much happening. It contains mostly +1minutes long guitar/bass strokes, some strange noise and sometimes a cymbal. On the other hand, you need to be very focused while listening to it since it's actually really complex music even though it's very slow and heavy, and there is a lot of hidden details that lies around.

As mentioned earlier, Extreme Drone band Khanate sound a bit like SUNN O))) but contains a lot more drumming and evident lyrics. Check their cd "Capture & Release" - really really good album!

Ohh and don't forget; "Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results"

/Chopha

Users who are viewing this thread