Sunglasses!
Apr 30, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #46 of 65
The above is about Rudy Project if you haven't read this whole thread btw. Oh yeah, I've had 2 pairs of spys. Great sunglasses over all but both broke at the hinge within a year. But, I am hard on my sunglasses if you've read a my broken magnesium oakley switch story. Is magnesium supposed to be strong? Maybe I need to find some titanium sunglasses.

Apr 30, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #47 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
hahaha!
biggrin.gif

Can you dig up a pic of someone actually wearing those?

Check out this goob...

attachment.php

More stupid Oakley stuff. This is a $500 hat!

dark_brown.jpg

May 1, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #48 of 65
I actually never wear sunglasses anymore. After losing a couple pair of very expensive sunglasses in a vehicle fire a number of years ago, I just quit wearing them.

It took a full six months for my eyes to completely adjust. It's amazing how dependent on glasses your eyes can become. I no longer have to keep track of my glasses, clean them, or adjust them. I can be out in the hot California sun without squinting, or drive looking through a dirty windshield with no problems.

I still have a pair of old Ray-Ban aviators (pre-logo) but don't wear them. I also have a pair of glacier glasses for when I'm backpacking through the snow in the high country, but hardly have to use them. These days I mainly think of sunglasses as a crutch.

May 1, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #49 of 65
Yeah but I figure delaying cataracts a few years and looking good doing it is worth it. Plus I have wicked good night vision.

edit: oh yeah, and for whatever reason, if i'm somewhere with lots of florescent lights, (classrooms, big stores etc) i can't stand it without sunglasses.

May 1, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #50 of 65
By way of announcing my thanks.. I'm leaning heavily towards Maui Jim after browsing their website and am looking forward to finding a place back home where I can try on several kinds of classic glass frame models. Although I feel sad to be moving from the blue lenses I used to have to neutral grey, I suppose that it's time I grew up.

I appreciate everyone's help. Incidentally, I'll probably be getting one of those Skagen watches, too. Wow.. you guys are good for something besides audio! Just kidding. Now head on over to my lighters and cigarette cases thread!
tongue.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:55 AM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Guardian
I appreciate everyone's help. Incidentally, I'll probably be getting one of those Skagen watches, too. Wow.. you guys are good for something besides audio! Just kidding.

Those Skagen watches are great..
biggrin.gif
Elegant, Inexpensive, Thin, Light.. and .. well .. they're just a plain kickass product.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:55 AM Post #52 of 65
My Serengetti shades have great optics/lenses: no distortion, &c. They have flexy-things at the temples for those of us with...uh...larger than average skulls.

But for the cool-factor, I leave the 'getti's in the car and wear either my Guccis or D&Gs.

I never really liked Oakleys...they (I?) always look odd on me (them?).

For biking, I like my Smiths with interchangeable lenses.

May 1, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #53 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
Check out this goob...

attachment.php

More stupid Oakley stuff. This is a $500 hat!

dark_brown.jpg

Hahahahaha!
biggrin.gif

I'm definitely not buying either of those that.

May 1, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #54 of 65
I swear by and insist on optical grade glass, and still have a pair of Revos going strong. If I can't find another Revo soon, I'll look into Maui Jim which also has excellent optics, as does Hobie.

I use Oakleys for work, and rough 'n tumble stuff like that.

May 1, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #55 of 65
I've never used sunglasses until recently and my eyes had never adjusted to the sunlight like timoteus's eyes did
confused.gif

But then, I hardly ever see the sun
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 1, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #56 of 65
I must be on my 5th set of Ray Ban Wayfarers. They have to be the best riding glasses I've ever had. Plus, they are way out of style.

I used to have a great set of Bushnell "ambermatic" shooting glasses, but on of my children pretzeled the frames badly. Besides, the sniper look didn't go over too well. They were lousy for riding, anyway. I don't shoot anymore, so.....

Cheap glasses always drive me nuts. The lenses always have too much glare in the direct sunlight.

May 1, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #57 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
dark_brown.jpg

I think the guy in Ministry has been seen wearing that hat. Or maybe it was Rob Zombie...?

Thanks elnero, and thsu02, that may have been the information I needed.

Joe -- I don't think so. Maybe it just looks that way because I made all the background "invisible"...?

May 1, 2003 at 9:44 AM Post #58 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Those Skagen watches are great..
biggrin.gif
Elegant, Inexpensive, Thin, Light.. and .. well .. they're just a plain kickass product.
biggrin.gif

Yeah... Skagen makes some really beautiful stuff. My skagen is by far the best watch that I've ever had. Strong (I'm not easy on my watches), light, attractive etc. etc. Plus they seem to have enough of a following here to warrant the creation of:

TEAM SKAGEN

biggrin.gif

May 1, 2003 at 9:47 AM Post #59 of 65
On topic:

I have a pair of Fila sun glasses that I use for sports etc. where I don't want to where my Momos. Considering the abuse that I give to those things, they have survived great. The lenses aren't the greatest though. (But they are strong... I've heard that they will stop a high-speed ball bearing hit)

May 1, 2003 at 12:35 PM Post #60 of 65
I always get reactolite (Polaroid) lenses when upgrading my glasses.

I need prescription glasses anyway so it makes sense for me to get a single pair glasses that can be used normally or that will darken automattically but gradually in bright light.

My current glasses are Ascari frames and reactolite lenses. Prior to that I had Guess frames. Usally spend around £200 ($300 USD) on frames and lenses. Eye tests are free for me as i'm a diabetic.

I spend a great deal of time on the waterfront her in Hull and you don't realise how bright it gets.

Only thing is, I find it difficult to use my camera with them so they usually have to come off when out and about taking photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back