Sunglasses and other eye wear
Apr 23, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #18 of 50
im all about Raybans....been wearing since they stop making the Oakley Frogskins...always polarized also.

Here are the ones im using now..

rayban4057jr0.jpg

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 50
my cousin sat on my old tortoise shell wayfarers, busted an arm off.. hmm do they still make the wayfarer? Might want some made up with presctiprion lenses..

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #23 of 50
You can call them up and ask...

I had a scratched lens on my older pair, RB 2030 and they still made replacement lenses for it.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #24 of 50
I love my Maui Jims.. They are truly amazing and have the best optics (IMO). My girlfriend has a nice pair of Ray Ban but I like mine better.
smily_headphones1.gif

My pair of Mauis are hingeless (MJ Sport family) and the other day one of the arms snapped. I called their customer service and they told me that their original batch had some errors in the formulation of the resin for the arms which caused them to get brittle and break more easily. They said they had fixed it pretty quickly but the pair I got was an early batch one. I sent it in for repairs and I should get it back soon. Using my back up pair of sunglasses is such a pain.. I MISS MY MAUIS!
cool.gif

Anyway, here's a thread I started awhile ago in the member's lounge for pics of our sunglasses. Please do update with your pics if you haven't!

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #25 of 50
My favorite:

Electric Hi-Fi

Koa wood

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #26 of 50
Does anyone have any suggestions for some decently stylish sunglasses that I could have a lab somewhere put lenses in? I've got about a -3 in one eye and about -4.5 in the other. Astigmatism too. US only, but I'd probably be willing to work online if I can just mail my prescription in.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyPeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any suggestions for some decently stylish sunglasses that I could have a lab somewhere put lenses in? I've got about a -3 in one eye and about -4.5 in the other. Astigmatism too. US only, but I'd probably be willing to work online if I can just mail my prescription in.

I think both oakley and smith do that.

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #28 of 50
For me, nothing compares to real, quality glass, and no one does this better than Serengeti.

I've used Serengetis for years, and couldn't be happier.
Now I've got a pair with the Strata400-lens, which is quite advanced, and the optical quality is amazing. The polarizing/anti-glare really works.
Very sturdy frames, and they generally got a classy feel.

Here's a few examples:

sunglassesgiant_1996_400014024

sunglassesgiant_1996_45768480

1113-10002798.jpg

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyPeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Choose any frame and take them to an eyewear store and ask to have lenses put in, get polarized too, makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back