Summer is upon us and it is only May still
May 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

milkweg

Banned
I had to turn on the AC already because it was too hot for me. I don't usually turn it on until the end of June. I live in the B.C. interior and it can get very hot and dry here during the summer. Wish I was rich so I could have a home in an area with a colder summer climate to go to for the few months I find it too hot here. B.C. has Canada's only desert for those that don't believe it gets all that hot here and I don't live far from it.

BC%20osoyoos%20leaving.jpg

May 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 43
I didn't take that photo. I just searched on google images for Osoyoos which is where the desert is. It's not a real arid desert like Death Valley but a semi arid desert. I've seen tumbleweed rolling around there and they even have scorpions apparently.

That's not the norm for LA though, I'm thinking Inverness, Scotland would be nice during the summer. Nice and cool, just how I like it.

May 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be here is Los Angeles. It's cool out and almost raining.

Though I don't think I'll spend much time outside this weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Raining in Los Angeles... ya right
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't take that photo. I just searched on google images for Osoyoos which is where the desert is. It's not a real arid desert like Death Valley but a semi arid desert. I've seen tumbleweed rolling around there and they even have scorpions apparently.

Yeah, Deserts down south don't have big lakes in the middle of them ha ha

Is it a dry heat there or is it humid as well? That makes all the difference.

May 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 43
^ that's a good thing

May 30, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #10 of 43
Very nice weather over/up here as well. Sunny and 24 degrees C...
Love it!
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #15 of 43
Is that 30 F or C? I like occasional rain and moderate temps. Just like England has. Texas I would hate. I've been to Texas but it was winter and we were just passing through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back