Suggests me some good earphones :-0
Nov 23, 2008 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HelloMotto

New Head-Fier
hi everyone.

I've gone through about 3 headphones for the past 3 months because they break and its really pissing me off. I just bought a six dollar decent looking one on eBay and it fell apart in one week..lol...

So im in search for yet another headphone and this time I really want to buy a decent and reliable headphone. Something that can withstand movements from exercising(lots of running). I really love earphones that sorta lets you hear more details in a song and Bass!! Are there any earphones like that under $30
biggrin.gif
?

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 9
how about the soundmagic pl-30? there's a lengthy thread about them a few posts down that could provide some insight on them. I have a pair and feel that they are an outstanding value for the $20-30 dollars that they go for.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 9
Soundmagic PL30, JVC Marshmallows, Sennheiser CX300, Creative EP630, Koss KSC75, JBL Reference 220.

Also, they break because they're cheap, and they're cheap because they break. If durability is your main concern, I haven't managed to break my marshmallows and I've used them for some rather unearphonely tasks.....

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soundmagic PL30, JVC Marshmallows, Sennheiser CX300, Creative EP630, Koss KSC75, JBL Reference 220.

x2 I own the pl30, marshmallows, and ksc75. All are great values imo. I prefer the pl30 to the marshmallows because the sound is more well rounded than the bass heavy marshmallows. However, that doesn't make the marshmallows bad, they are still quite good for the money. I too have put my marshmallows through some rough use and they still are going strong almost 2 years later.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 I own the pl30, marshmallows, and ksc75. All are great values imo. I prefer the pl30 to the marshmallows because the sound is more well rounded than the bass heavy marshmallows. However, that doesn't make the marshmallows bad, they are still quite good for the money. I too have put my marshmallows through some rough use and they still are going strong almost 2 years later.

I agree that the Marshmallows are very bassy (especially when my main comparison is ER 6i's hehehe) but he said he wants more bass. Compared to stock/cheapie earphones, they do have more detail etc as well as bass, and he could probably find them at his local walmart.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 9
thanks for the suggestions. I thin I might wana go with cx300.
but where should i buy these in Canada?
I checked my local bestbuy and its like $100 !!. but on ebay most range from $25-$35. So why are the ones sold on ebay much cheaper then in shops?

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloMotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the suggestions. I thin I might wana go with cx300.
but where should i buy these in Canada?
I checked my local bestbuy and its like $100 !!. but on ebay most range from $25-$35. So why are the ones sold on ebay much cheaper then in shops?

Unfortunately, you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the CX300's. It is very likely that many of those eBay sellers are selling fakes (as indicated by their "too good to be true" pricing). And the only resellers that sell to Canadian buyers that actually sell "legitimate" CX300's tend to sell them for very close to MSRP (full list price) if not higher.

Moreover, those $25-$35 prices are in USD, not CAD. Even at those prices, figure on spending more than $50 CAD due to the currency conversion and shipping charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back