suggestions on a good portable cd-player / discman
Jul 8, 2008 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
I tried searching but couldn't come up with much, although Im terrible with the search function so thats probably not really too indicative of anything in particular :p. I'm looking to purchase a portable CD player and I need some suggestions. I will most likely be using it unamped I think, so that is one major point. I'd also preferably like something that has the ability to run on batteries OR a wall-wart, so that I can use it at home and on the go. Other than that, I'm just looking for something that obviously sounds pretty good, and is affordable. I obviously dont mind buying used, just hopefully something that isnt impossible to find on the used market! I'm looking to probably spend somewhere in the range of $100-200, but thats flexible depending on what kind of answers I hear back from all of you guys. Thanks again!
Matt

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd suggest getting a 1st generation metal case Sony Discman, and do a signal cap upgrade. For headphone-out use, you probably want the 4xAA model so there is more room in battery compartment to hold the film caps.

An't you a DIY'er already ?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back