Suggestions for sending payments from Canada to U.S.
Dec 14, 2002 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
To all the Canadians, besides PayPal, how do you generally send money to other Head-Fi'ers when you buy something from them? Do you have any suggestions for other Canadians in terms of getting money orders, cashier's checks, etc. for cheap? (I know some places charge $10 or so just to issue a money order.)

Dec 14, 2002 at 9:32 AM Post #3 of 6
If the seller don't accept paypal, I usually pay by money order. A easy way to get them is from post office. They charge C$3.50 for a USD money order.

Now I want to ask how Canadian receive funds other than Paypal? Say I sold something on the sale forum and I don't want Paypal, what's the easiest way receive funds? MO?

Dec 14, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
i use money orders from the bank...i probably should use western union cuz it's cheaper (bank charges about $5) but meh, if i'm spending over $100 its not that big of a difference.

Dec 14, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 6
I get free money orders because I used to work at a bank, otherwise they would cost $15 hehe.

Macdef did you get my email?

Biggie.

Dec 15, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Postal money orders are probably easier to cash in either country than bank money orders. Unless you are known at your bank, some banks are leary of cashing foreign bank money orders.

On inexpensive items I'll sometimes put cash in an greeting card and risk it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back