Suggestions for headphones under £200
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Glenn K

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I am currently a student looking into buying a good pair of headphones which I can use for both music (mostly EDM) and gaming. My budget for headphones is around £170-200 so not the largest amount when it comes to audiophile/professional grade headphones I believe, but hopefully enough to get something of good quality (both audio and build quality)

Noise cancellation would be a nice feature as I will be using the headphones in college while working but is not a necessary one to have due to my budget.
I can also save up for a DAC/Amp if necessary (something like a Schiit Fulla 2) to get the best audio out of them

Performance for music is more important to me than performance for gaming but I would love a set that would perform well in both

I am happy to answer any questions and thanks in advance for any suggestions

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Aug 10, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I like the AKG K550/551 and the SoundMAGIC HP151--both are good and both are well-constructed. In your price range (the HP151 is on amazon.co.uk for a good price). Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back