1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Headphones around $100~150

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by lopopo, Dec 11, 2012.
  1. lopopo
    Hi guys, I am new here! I used to be an IEM guy, I own a pair of sennheiser IE6, but it broke :frowning2:. Recently, I am getting interested in over ear headphones. I read up about closed vs open but still can't really decide which is better and to be honest, still quite confused on the technical aspects. I am looking at something around $100~150. I listen to all kinds of music, literally all kinds but I do like music w/ heavy bass so being able to hear the bass is quite important. I am thinking about KRK KNS6400, ATH M50S and Grado Prestige Series SR80i or 125i. I would really appreciate it if someone can shed light on which is better or if you guys have better suggestions! Thanks a lot!!

2. MalVeauX
    Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 580 is about $120 on Amazon and does what you're looking for.

Very best,

3. lopopo
    I'll check those out thanks!

4. kalki11
    Quote:

better than m50?

5. lopopo
    Thoughts on AKG Acoustics K-240? seems like a great grab on Amazon right now.

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), 60-Ohm closed speakers.
    $68-$88

7. MalVeauX
    Quote:

Probably won't have the level of bass you're looking for.

Very best,

8. lopopo
    Hey MalVeauX, do you know the difference between the Ultrasone HFI 580 and 680?? I think I might end up getting one of these thanks!