Suggestions for "fun" IEMs?
Sep 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

csamantha11

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions or recommendations on some "fun" high-end IEMs.

(I've been reading about the FX700s and Westone 3s - has anyone heard both of these and can give me a brief comparison on them?)

Any help is appreciated!

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 17
Most IEM's are pretty engaging and FUN

I'm not good with higher end ones, sorry. But i do like the Brainwavz B2

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 17

Quote:

By "fun" i mean IEMs with more of a v-shaped FR and not too flat

By FUN I mean by forward soundstage and a little lean on the bass. Grado for say

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 17
The JVC FX700, Sennheiser IE8, MTP Gold are very engaging, fun sounding IEMs ( overall warm, rich bass and wide soundstage) yet detailed in mids n highs.

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 17
I know people on headfi dont like to mention about Radius DDM2 but I will keep on liking them and suggesting to fellow heafiers.
and specially For 200$ this are more then just FUN iems..  Fabulous sound stage, deep and pounchy bass, all one can desire for ultimate
bliss.
Of course FX700 are also very much recommended but price one is willing to pay for this is also almost double of DDM2
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
By "fun" i mean IEMs with more of a v-shaped FR and not too flat

Ooh, of the ones I've owned, here goes:

1. IE8: Immensely large soundstage gives an 'airy' feel to the music; no stranger to monstrous bass; oh so fun sound!
  2. TF10: Conventional v-shaped sound with great (street) price:performance ratio
  3. SM3: Amongst the most engaging universals on the market; mids are just mesmerizing; vocals come to life; hate it or love it; quite fun sounding
  4. W3: Yet again, conventional v-shaped sound, with great emphasis on bass quantity/quality
  5. EX1000: Awesome SQ, that works with just about every genre; great stage depth/width, great all around signature that's as much fun as it is exceptionally sounding
  6. Monster series (MTPG, MTPC, MDT): The epitome of the very word 'monster' itself, they're true BASS MONSTERS; extremely fun sounding for (but not limited to) bass-heavy genres
  7. Atrio M5: King of sub-bass, second to none in that regard; similar to Monster's, bass-heavy tracks will have you up & dancing
  8. FX700: King of timbre around these parts; much like the Monster/Atrio's, no stranger to lows with exceptional impact; very fun and energetic overall sound
  9. RE262: Exceptional midrange; much like the SM3, will bring vocal tracks to life; very fun overall sound
  10. SE535: Top tier sound quality, infamously exceptional midrange, great bass quantity, sparkling highs, what's not to like? All the while, quite fun sounding 

DISCLAIMER: The above is merely my opinion. There are certainly others, but the aforementioned were the first that came to mind. Tablespoon of salt included. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 17
thanks for the quick comparison! that helped alot. now i'm more intrigued about the SM3's and the RE262 because you mention the great vocals (which interest me alot). Could you tell me more about them?

Quote:
Quote:

Ooh, of the ones I've owned, here goes:

1. IE8: Immensely large soundstage gives an 'airy' feel to the music; no stranger to monstrous bass; oh so fun sound!
  2. TF10: Conventional v-shaped sound with great (street) price:performance ratio
  3. SM3: Amongst the most engaging universals on the market; mids are just mesmerizing; vocals come to life; hate it or love it; quite fun sounding
  4. W3: Yet again, conventional v-shaped sound, with great emphasis on bass quantity/quality
  5. EX1000: Awesome SQ, that works with just about every genre; great stage depth/width, great all around signature that's as much fun as it is exceptionally sounding
  6. Monster series (MTPG, MTPC, MDT): The epitome of the very word 'monster' itself, they're true BASS MONSTERS; extremely fun sounding for (but not limited to) bass-heavy genres
  7. Atrio M5: King of sub-bass, second to none in that regard; similar to Monster's, bass-heavy tracks will have you up & dancing
  8. FX700: King of timbre around these parts; much like the Monster/Atrio's, no stranger to lows with exceptional impact; very fun and energetic overall sound
  9. RE262: Exceptional midrange; much like the SM3, will bring vocal tracks to life; very fun overall sound
  10. SE535: Top tier sound quality, infamously exceptional midrange, great bass quantity, sparkling highs, what's not to like? All the while, quite fun sounding 

DISCLAIMER: The above is merely my opinion. There are certainly others, but the aforementioned were the first that came to mind. Tablespoon of salt included. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 17
Check the links in my signature my friend, after which if you still have any questions, PM me anytime. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back