Suggestions for Detailed IEMs around $300?
Jul 23, 2018 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jamaulson

New Head-Fier
Hello all, this is my first post.

I have been reading these forums for quite some time but can't quite decide what IEMs I should get. I was hoping you all could give me a suggestion or two.

I have a pair of Shure 1540s and LOVE the detail and clarity. I had an old pair of Bose IEM, but they sounded horrible in comparison, so I got a highly suggested pair of Sony MDR-7550. The bass was great, but the separation, clarity, and detail was not quite what I desired.

I am looking for the following:
  • Clear, detailed, and great separation
  • Adequate bass, lots of bass is okay as long as it is fast and accurate
  • Sparkly highs, but not sibilant.
  • Most importantly, forward vocals.
I have been looking at the Massdrop Plus IEM and FLC8s. I want something for enjoyment listening, something musical, not necessarily analytical. I have a budget of around $300 (more if you can persuade me :p ).

I realize I am being quite specific, but if anyone can suggest something that at least comes close, that would be so helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 8
You could also take a look at the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1.
They are a cheaper option at 200 or less, but also seem to fit your needs.
I was looking for IEMs with similar requirements as you and went with them when I found them for €150.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 8
Hello all, this is my first post.

I have been reading these forums for quite some time but can't quite decide what IEMs I should get. I was hoping you all could give me a suggestion or two.

I have a pair of Shure 1540s and LOVE the detail and clarity. I had an old pair of Bose IEM, but they sounded horrible in comparison, so I got a highly suggested pair of Sony MDR-7550. The bass was great, but the separation, clarity, and detail was not quite what I desired.

I am looking for the following:
  • Clear, detailed, and great separation
  • Adequate bass, lots of bass is okay as long as it is fast and accurate
  • Sparkly highs, but not sibilant.
  • Most importantly, forward vocals.
I have been looking at the Massdrop Plus IEM and FLC8s. I want something for enjoyment listening, something musical, not necessarily analytical. I have a budget of around $300 (more if you can persuade me :p ).

I realize I am being quite specific, but if anyone can suggest something that at least comes close, that would be so helpful.

Thank you in advance.
+1 for MD+. The bass has quite fast response, but doesn't go that deep (little deeper that ER4XR imho).

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Well for $50 you can get the KZ ZS10’s and they will tick most of the boxes.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 8
A friend just lent me the AAW A3H and I found it seriously impressive and a great value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back