Suggestions for cans that are circumaural, closed and have awesome mids/highs?
Nov 22, 2008 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

chews89

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

I was thinking about purchasing a new pair of headphones. Comfort is a big factor for me. I love my AD500's comfort but i need a closed headphone if i'm able to use it for commuting or the library. Furthermore, even though i do like bass, great mids and highs really do it for me
smily_headphones1.gif

So yeah, just wondering if i could get some suggestions for headphones that are
-circumaural(must be very comfy),
-closed(the more isolation the better)
-and have awesome mids/highs.

I have the AD500s, es7, little dot I+ and fiio e3 at the moment.

Ohyea, i listen to mainly jazz, indie rock and classical.

Last thing, the main factor - PRICE. I haven't really thought of a price bracket but the cheaper the better
smily_headphones1.gif
and seeing that the aussie dollar is absolutely crap now, maybe $150 USD? less would be better of course..

Some phones that i've had a quick look at are the Q40s, RP-21s and K240s(not entirely closed but i hear they have awesome mids).

So yes, any input would be greatly appreciated!

btw i have tried the search function..but haven't come up with answers for my specific needs.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 11
The AKG K271S or the newer replacements/derivatives would be almost a sure bet.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 11
I have the AKG 240S think you will love them! Never fatiguing with mids and highs smooth as butter yet nicely detailed. The low end is just right to me, competent and never overbearing.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG 240S

Those aren't closed, though.

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 11
methinks a conspiracy ... akg K271S?

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #11 of 11
ok out of the seven people who replied, 6 voted for the K271S :p haha i guess it must be the can for me then. Thanks all for your replies.

So does anyone know where i can get the best price for them though? Because the only place in Aus that i know stocks the K271S is headphonics in Perth which sells for about $330 AUD if i'm not mistaken..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back