Suggestions for a used car...
May 24, 2005 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MikeB06

500+ Head-Fier
I just need some quick suggestions for cars with a good bit of leg room. I am 6'7" and currently have a '92 Ford Bronco and am looking for something smaller with better gas mileage. I just need something like a sedan that I can fit into. No big evaluations of cars needed, just some ideas of cars with good leg room if you know any off the top of your head.

May 24, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 7
i have a friend who's 6'6" and he seems to like his 98 camry. he's a whiner and very picky about things, so i would assume that his camry is acceptable because he never complains about the leg room.

May 24, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't know where your budget and age falls. Yes the Camry is a very good car as slick suggested. I have 2 more sedans if your budget can stretch.
-Nissan Maxima
-Toyota Avalon

May 24, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 7
I have a 1998 Volvo S70 that fits me well. I'm 6'3" with long legs (36" inseam
blink.gif
). You can pretty much cross off ANYTHING American... with the exception of huge land yhacts like the crown vicky...

A couple more cars that fit me when trying them on a year or so ago:

1. Mini Cooper - Surprisingly enough, they were quite roomy inside.
2. Volkswagen Golf - Another surprise. Good legroom, and FANTASTIC mileage especially if you get the TDI Diesel.
3. Saturn Ion - OK, so I said nothing American, but this one did work.

Good Luck in your search! Let us know what you buy!

Cheers,
Jeremy

May 24, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 7
The Camry seems like it would be an outstanding choice. From everything I've heard about them, I get the impression that they're incredibly reliable and easy to own. Toyotas in general are very well-put-together - my dad has a 1990 Lexus LS400, and the engine runs smooth as the day it came from the factory.

Hondas are also very nice reliability-wise, although I can't say much for legroom - I'm 5'6" and Asian, so it's never been a problem for me. Good luck!

May 25, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks a lot for the replies, guys. I'll look into those suggestions and post back with what I narrow it down too. Thanks again
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back