Suggestions for a portable speaker system.
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nomada

Head-Fier
I was looking to get the PA2v2 and some quality portable passive speakers for my Nano. Can that little amp move small passive speakers effectively(I'm new to all this)? If so, any suggestions on the speakers?

Nothing beats sitting in the park in the sun with a tasty beverage
evil_smiley.gif
and some tunes.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomada
I was looking to get the PA2v2 and some quality portable passive speakers for my Nano. Can that little amp move small passive speakers effectively(I'm new to all this)? If so, any suggestions on the speakers?

Nothing beats sitting in the park in the sun with a tasty beverage
evil_smiley.gif
and some tunes.

Not sure there are any quality portable pasive speakers, most passive speakers in that line tend to be the real low end cheap and nasty sort that will sound awfull. Look at powered speakers and look to pay a fair amount to get any semblance of quality. One speaker to consider, in response to good reviews, is the Saitek A200 which seem to mix portability with some attempt at producing good bass. They look good too.

Andy

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 9
All these speakers seem to be portable, but is there any thing that can fit into jean pockets? Something that's really small.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Passive speakers are going to sound terrible. Pushing them with an amp is only going to distort them drastically. I use this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...095025-3258802

Four double A batteries, pretty compact, decent sound. Running it through my PA2V2 doesn't change the sound noticeably.

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks jrosenth and Spaceage! Great suggestions!
biggrin.gif

Spaceage, is the Sony SRS-T70 pocketable. I can't tell from the photos.

The link to Sonic Impact seems like what I am after, but the Sony ones also look nice.

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
Thanks jrosenth and Spaceage! Great suggestions!
biggrin.gif

Spaceage, is the Sony SRS-T70 pocketable. I can't tell from the photos.

The link to Sonic Impact seems like what I am after, but the Sony ones also look nice.

Mmm, only if you have big pockets. I just measured it. Folded up into its rectangle, it is 5.5in x 4.8in x 0.8in.

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage
Mmm, only if you have big pockets. I just measured it. Folded up into its rectangle, it is 5.5in x 4.8in x 0.8in.

Thanks for the measurements. By the way the SRS-T70 seem to be only sold in the UK. Although in the US there is the SRS-T77. They look the same, but they do have different names...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back