Suggestions about akg k242 hd
Oct 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FFab

New Head-Fier
Hi all, almost 1 year ago i bought 2 headphones to listen music with my pc and portable mp3. One bad pair of philips shp1900 (that i throw in short time) and another pair of philips shp5401, this one was much better, i found their sound very good for the price i have paied. Now i'm thinking to buy another pair of headphone. Reading on the net i thought about the akg k242 hd. I mainly listen symphonic metal and power metal. I'm also thinking to buy a compact hi fi of philips the mcm 906, because i read it have a tube preamp, to use his headphone out.
Do u think this setup is good for the music i listen? i will have some improvement over my shp5401 with laptop?

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 5
I donno how the K242HD compares to what you have, but here is a good source of info on them + a review:

http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,2653.0.html

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Marcus recommends very few AKG models, despite selling more models than any other Australian retailer I know of.

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=562

I expect that they are cheaper where you live (?) - we get gouged for most headphones here in Oz, courtesy of our local distribution networks and the whole big country/small population thing.

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 5
thank u guys for your answer, i add some details

Quote:
I expect that they are cheaper where you live (?) - we get gouged for most headphones here in Oz, courtesy of our local distribution networks and the whole big country/small population thing.

I live in Italy here price is almost the same if i'm not wrong with change, coz i can buy this cans for 130€.
But if i'm not wrong they are good even if i pay same price of that site.

Quote:
Heya,

I would get the DT770 (closed) or DT990 (open) for that genre.

Very best,

I surfed a little bit on the net, i should say that DT990 seems very good, i read a review where they compate them with sennheiser hd650, and it seems they are almost same quality. For what i see the DT990 Pro have almost the same price of the akg. But i don't know what's the difference from DT990 and DT990 pro. 
Btw i also read they are heavy and not very confortable for long session of listening. And this let me think that they should be better to use as second pair of cans.
I don't know if i'm wrong.
Do u think i can use the phone out of that compact hi fi (philips mcm 906) with the DT990?
Thank u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back