Suggestion pleasee..Takstar pro 80 or Sennheiser HD 449 or any suggestion?
Jun 16, 2013 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

madballerz

New Head-Fier
Hii guys I'm completely noob in this. Well, recently I just gained my interest for good quality audio then I decided to buy my first headphone,it's AKG 518 LE and I'm completely not happy with it. It's not very comfortable for long use and my main concern is the well balanced and detail headphone.. Now I decide to sell my AKG 518 and try to find another headphone and I'm more to the full size side..I've read several review on full size headphone and mu budget is around $100 - $150...
Do you guys have any suggestions, my pick is takstar pro 80 or sennheiser HD 449... pleasee help,thanks

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 17
Hello!

Balanced headphones, yes but + detailed sound...erm... it's a bit on the tough side to be honest. HD449 is neutral but I do not find it detailed. Other than that, I am very sorry but you might like to raise your budget to $199 for UE6000, it's on the neutral side when in passive mode and it is also very detailed sounding to me. Bass in on the heavy side to me thought.

Other than that, you can give the SRH-840 a try. It's neutral but detailed is on par to me.

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 17
Hi Billson thanks for your suggestion...
I got a voucher for items under $150 and it can not be used for items over $150 so my choice is kind of limited right now..haha
how about the pro 80 is it a good headphone?
and I just read some review about SRH-440 which one do u suggest from pro 80, hd 449 and SRH-440?

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 17
The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) is good headphone, for it's $75 price.
It's not for people with larger heads.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
How about when it's compare with HD449 or SRH-440?
Does pro 80 win against both?

As I've never listened to the Senn HD449 or Shure SRH-440, or heard others compare those two to the Takstar Pro 80, so I can't say.

But you could try asking on this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 17
how about when it's compare with HD449 or SRH-440?
Does pro 80 win against both?

Not sure about the Pro 80 (never heard/try it). The SRH-440, personally I find it the same thing as the SRH-840 but with rolled off bass and a bit thinner sound. It still have the Shure sound signature which is creamy smooth mids. In comparison, SRH-440 are more neutral. HD449 on the other hand, have better bass respond, warmer. Both are neutral sounding to me.

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 17
I don't know if you've made your purchase already, but if you haven't, don't ask any questions and get the Takstar Pro 80. I just got myself a pair for fun, and it's very very good for what it costs. It's on the more fun side of things but the highs are still well extended and never harsh. Its main strength is its bass slam and relatively fast decay. Honestly, it beats my Fostex T50RP Paradox in a couple genres, which is quite a feat for a closed headphone of its price. 

It images well but the soundstage is more intimate. The headphone is comfy, has a cool case and seems robust. I think it's a no brainer. I'd compare them to the momentum in terms of how it sounds (but I may be inclined to say I enjoy the Takstar more for what it is although maybe not the better overall headphone). 

As I said, for the price it's unbeatable imo. I can enjoy this even though I owned much better headphones.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #12 of 17
Hello everyone, this is my virgin post here. Hope to learn from you guys. )

Let me share my experience on this a Takstar pro 80 that i had. I fully agree that this headphones is nothing short of phenomenon! I owned this headphones about 2 years back and it's sound quality is awesome. It's the best sounding close headphones in my opinion so far. It's mid and high are so smooth and natural. Bass is not overly heavy and have the right among of extension n tightness. So much details Can be heard from it. Most importantly, the airiness and the feeling of spaciousness in this closed headphones are just amazing and soundstage feels 3 dimensional.

Had compared this with the AKG K550 and felt the Takstar have a better edge in its spaciousness and 3 dimensional feel. I was blown away by its sound considering its a china brand and it cost me merely $80.

Enough said for the good stuffs. Now comes the negative part of it.... The leather on the ear cups starts peeling after about a year of used... Was very disappointed with its leather quality. Now basically my headphones ear cups are totally "skinless". Fortunately the foams are still soft n in good condition. Sound quality wise is still as good as day 1, if not better.

Hope this short sharing helps. Those of you looking for a close headphones with excellent sound quality must give this Takstar pro 80 a try, you will not regret, and it's amazingly cheap and super rich in its SQ.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 17
After reading the above members comments I went ahead and tried Trakstar Pro 80 out of curiosity. I could pick them up in Australia for $69, when they arrived I was overly impressed with the packaging. You get an awesome carry case, / storage box, a soft pouch, manual, and 3.5 to 6.3 adapter. Not only that, the sound these headphones put out is very very good, I was absolutely dumb fonded when I heard them through my Studio V. They're clear, detailed, bass is solid, treble extended. I've never heard of such excellent value in my entire time on Head-fi.

Highly recommend people give them a try because what the above members have said is true and if it wasn't for checking dleblanc343 profile and seeing some of the gear he owned I probably wouldn't of gone ahead, it was his post that made me even more curious and have some faith in the purchase but I didn't expect this much sound quality. If you can get the Trakstar Pro 80 without a doubt try them, they're giving my Yamaha MT220 studio monitors a good run in most areas. Highly highly recommend.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #14 of 17
Hello everyone, this is my virgin post here. Hope to learn from you guys. )

Let me share my experience on this a Takstar pro 80 that i had. I fully agree that this headphones is nothing short of phenomenon! I owned this headphones about 2 years back and it's sound quality is awesome. It's the best sounding close headphones in my opinion so far. It's mid and high are so smooth and natural. Bass is not overly heavy and have the right among of extension n tightness. So much details Can be heard from it. Most importantly, the airiness and the feeling of spaciousness in this closed headphones are just amazing and soundstage feels 3 dimensional.

Had compared this with the AKG K550 and felt the Takstar have a better edge in its spaciousness and 3 dimensional feel. I was blown away by its sound considering its a china brand and it cost me merely $80.

Enough said for the good stuffs. Now comes the negative part of it.... The leather on the ear cups starts peeling after about a year of used... Was very disappointed with its leather quality. Now basically my headphones ear cups are totally "skinless". Fortunately the foams are still soft n in good condition. Sound quality wise is still as good as day 1, if not better.

Hope this short sharing helps. Those of you looking for a close headphones with excellent sound quality must give this Takstar pro 80 a try, you will not regret, and it's amazingly cheap and super rich in its SQ.

have you considered buying the brainwavz HM5 pads? they fit perfectly and are super comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back