Suggestion for (small) headphones while on the train and a lot of walking.
Dec 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

farhan

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm a university student and I was looking to get headphones to get before the Spring semester starts. I will be wearing them on the train and also while walking (which I have to do a lot of), so I need them to be the ear-bud kind, not the big over the ears ones. I currently use the Sony MDR-V6 and am loving it.

What I need:
- They have to be the small kind,
- Something that doesn't pop out of the ears easily while walking and moving around,
- Be able to pump out deeper than average bass without losing the mids and highs. (Yes, I REALLY like bass, but NOT the muddled/"cool" kind of bass)

BIG pluses:
- Cord as long as the ones that come with iPhones/iPads,
- No tangling of cord,

I listen to trance and progressive. A huge fan of Armin van Buuren's mixes, for example.

Design-wise, I'm not quiet sure how to explain it, but I would prefer them to be something that fit into the curvature of my ears, or perhaps the kind that are supported by the back and top of the ears. I get ultra annoyed when the little iPhone ear-buds pop out or feel loose, this would be unacceptable with the ones I get.

Thank you for your help!

Dec 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 4
If you're looking for portables or IEMs/earbuds, you can ask over at the portables subforum just under this one, but if you are looking for portable full-sized headphones, I'll let other make the recommendations.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Oh, sorry! I somehow looked over that forum. I will look through the following buying guide on that forum to learn more about these kind of headphones. Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 4
No problem friend. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back