1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for (small) headphones while on the train and a lot of walking.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by farhan, Dec 28, 2012.
  1. farhan
    Hello, I'm a university student and I was looking to get headphones to get before the Spring semester starts. I will be wearing them on the train and also while walking (which I have to do a lot of), so I need them to be the ear-bud kind, not the big over the ears ones. I currently use the Sony MDR-V6 and am loving it.

What I need:
    - They have to be the small kind,
    - Something that doesn't pop out of the ears easily while walking and moving around,
    - Be able to pump out deeper than average bass without losing the mids and highs. (Yes, I REALLY like bass, but NOT the muddled/"cool" kind of bass)

BIG pluses:
    - Cord as long as the ones that come with iPhones/iPads,
    - No tangling of cord,

I listen to trance and progressive. A huge fan of Armin van Buuren's mixes, for example.

Design-wise, I'm not quiet sure how to explain it, but I would prefer them to be something that fit into the curvature of my ears, or perhaps the kind that are supported by the back and top of the ears. I get ultra annoyed when the little iPhone ear-buds pop out or feel loose, this would be unacceptable with the ones I get.

Thank you for your help!

2. DocTavia
    If you're looking for portables or IEMs/earbuds, you can ask over at the portables subforum just under this one, but if you are looking for portable full-sized headphones, I'll let other make the recommendations.
    http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors

3. farhan
    Oh, sorry! I somehow looked over that forum. I will look through the following buying guide on that forum to learn more about these kind of headphones. Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

4. DocTavia
    No problem friend. [​IMG]