Suggest me :)
May 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #16 of 24
Thank you for linked me that glossary! Very helpfull when readings review:)
So if I am right, the ATH W1000X maybe could be the VERY right headphone for me.
Because i like:
Crispy sound
Transparent
High detailed sound
And bassy/weighty

Again, I dont even care (a lot) 'bout sound stage.
Can anybody suggest me another headphone like that? Obviously im already doing even by myself.
Because its not a small purchase, expecially for a 16yo guy, and i want to comparate some before purchasing:)

May 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
Thank you for linked me that glossary! Very helpful when readings review :)

Welcome!  Yes, agreed, that glossary is extremely useful.  BTW, good job on actually using it!  A lot of new members don't and end up asking a lot of questions about what terms mean. 
smile.gif

Quote:
So if I am right, the ATH W1000X maybe could be the VERY right headphone for me.
Because i like:
Crispy sound
Transparent
High detailed sound
And bassy/weighty

Sounds like you like Audio-Technica (and maybe certain Beyerdynamic) headphones.

Quote:
Can anybody suggest me another headphone like that? Obviously im already doing even by myself.
Because its not a small purchase, expecially for a 16yo guy, and i want to comparate some before purchasing:)

You might also want to consider the Audio Technica ATH-ES10 if you're looking for something that is portable too.  I heard Bill-P's ES10 not too long ago, and it was rather impressive along the lines of what you're looking for.

May 11, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 24
On the topic of Audio Technica, I think the AX series or M50's would be a good pair of entry level headphones if you don't want to spend too much.

May 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 24
Well, I don't think M50 would be a real upgrade from my Beats Detox. Or maybe like a downgrade, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to buy those, but here on head-fi i read that they are not even as good as Beats Pro (obviously for the price is a big deal).

May 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 24
here on head-fi i read that they are not even as good as Beats Pro

I have not heard the Beats Pro but from what I read here the M50 has good clarity, decent soundstage & punchy bass? However I can tell you the fake M50's I own currently are very similar in SQ to the Beats studio's and that's not a good thing.  

IMO Beats are not really regarded for their sound quality but as a fashion statement & their design.

At your price range ($400) I guess you could get the W1000X, A2000X, A1000X, AD1000X. Apart from Audio Technica, I haven't listened to other brands except for Sennheiser so I can't really recommend you anything else I'm afraid 
size]

Edit: Also note that the headphones I recommended are not bass heavy but rather have refined bass.

May 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
the fake M50's I own currently are very similar in SQ to the Beats studio's and that's not a good thing.

frown.gif
  My condolences...

May 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #22 of 24
Thank you for linked me that glossary! Very helpfull when readings review:)
Because i like:
Crispy sound
Transparent
High detailed sound
And bassy/weighty

Again, I dont even care (a lot) 'bout sound stage.

I have not heard the W1000X, but the Innerfidelity review of them describes them as having a very steep rolloff starting at 90hz, and their measurements confirm that: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audio-technica-ath-w1000x-grandioso-page-2. So if you want strong midbass, but lacking sub bass, these might work.

I would recommend looking into the V-Moda M-100s if you want great bass with low impedance. Here are some reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100/reviews

Here is the owners thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back