Suggest a $50 in-ear monitor [Better Bass than Brainwavz M2]
Oct 5, 2011 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

emmarbee

New Head-Fier
I've been using Creative EP-630 for the past 4-5 years. The main reason for me to hold on to EP 630 was the fact that it's the best in-ear monitor for it's price INR 600 ($12).
Now that I've got some money to spend a bit more on my IEM,  I wanted to switch to a better earphone.

Lately, I've been listening to the Brainwavz M2 that my brother has (around a week). I've been told that it's a great piece of earphone.

When I first switched onto M2 from ep 630, it felt like ****. Mainly the bass. It didn't have any. But later on when I listened to different tracks (that has more mids and highs, rather than lows), I clearly saw the quality of M2.

Now, after a week of listening to the M2, my ears got tuned to the sound of M2 and I don't feel the bass is missing. But still I feel like an extra bass will do good on many tracks. No matter what genre, a bit of an extra bass is required. 

So, can you guys please suggest me an IEM under $50, that has good detailing and at the same time, good bass. 

These are the IEMs that are currently available in my country (India)
http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=4151

Looking forward for your suggestions

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 43
i've had the m2 and i like the amount of bass, if you want more for $50 xears iem would be a good choice. i got the TD-III and it is way too much bassy for me compared to the m2. any xears would do ok with bass

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 43
I have the X Ears N3i and they certainly have strong bass too. So another vote for their IEMs. Use the discount code KLANGFUZZIS for a great price on their website.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 43
Xears and some of the Meelectronics stuff is good as well,

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 43
I've been looking for some IEM's in this exact price range, just ordered some of those wood XN-1's
ksc75smile.gif
. Does anyone know if they would benefit from being amped? Also thanks for the promo code Hi-fi Wigwammer!

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 43
Wow I thought the code was for a discount! It basically makes all the earphones the same price! I just sent an email to support canceling my order so hopefully I can get a different model since I only placed my order a few hours ago.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #11 of 43
What the ..... ? Are you really sure? If it's true, then I'd go for N3i itself, cause i've seen joker mentioning the N3i as the most bass heavy earphones of the Xears.
BTW, you mentioned "same price". What's that price? And where did you apply the coupon code? Please reply asap, I can't stop my excitement of getting a quality earphone.

And one more thing, Guys, shall I make my choice as N3i or is there any other model that I need to look at? I can get Klipsch S4 for $65 (INR 3085+85) from lynx-india. Is that good? 
As per Joker's review, N3i is certainly better than S4, but still, I'm in dilemma as I'm not a complete audiophile and joker's rating are based on accuracy of the earphones. And I need earphones which is a bit colorful...

Edit: Found where to apply coupon and applied it. ****** crazy, the price is now just 30 euros. Is it really a discount or the price of the N3i was just hiked as a part of marketing gimmick? (I mean, is the N3i worth for 90 euros?)

Quote:
Wow I thought the code was for a discount! It basically makes all the earphones the same price! I just sent an email to support canceling my order so hopefully I can get a different model since I only placed my order a few hours ago.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #12 of 43
the n3i should be bass heavy ye. you can enter the coupon when you order the IEM and it works for all the earphones so if the one cost 119 euro and the other cost 59 euro they will both be 30 euro after entering the coupon

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #15 of 43
Shall I go on with the N3i order?
Or is there anyother model for me to look out for...

Like . . .

AudioTechnica ATH-CK300M Earphone Rs :1905/-
AudioTechnica ATH-CKM30 Earphone Rs :2380/-

Beyerdynamic DTX 50WS Trendline Earphone Rs :2380/-
Beyerdynamic DTX 60 Passive Noise Reduction Earphone Rs :3810/-

Klipsch Universal Earphones - Image S4            Rs :3085/-

Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Silver Bullet Rs :3276/-
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Eterna Revsion 2 Rs :3058/-
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Axiom Rs :2753/-
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Evolution Rs :2753/-
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Equilibrium Rs :2580/-
Fischer Audio Fundamental Series - Paradigm Ver 2 Rs :2248/-