Sufjan Stevens
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

compuryan

1000+ Head-Fier
There were some old threads about this guy, but I just recently discovered him. His CD, "Illinoise" is just brilliant. His music is acoustic and kinda indie-like. He features stringed instruments on many of his tracks, which I love. His other CDs are good too, but that is definitely my favorite. If you haven't heard him, check it out:

sufjanillinoiscq6.jpg

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 9
Seconded. I've been a fan for years.
Also try John Vanderslice's "Pixel Revolt" and Andrew Bird's "Armchair Apocrypha"

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 9
Yup, Incredible album. How long has it been since that album came out? And how does he think he's going to do 50 albums by the time he dies?

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, Incredible album. How long has it been since that album came out? And how does he think he's going to do 50 albums by the time he dies?

C'mon! Be fair. He's done Michigan as well. Only 48 to go.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 9
Love me some Illinoise, one of my fav albums. Too bad (or good?) he made such a great one so early, I'm not sure he'll be able to match or improve upon it with any of the other states. I guess it's good he got such a great one out early since I'm thinkin he won't make it to all 50 unless he lives a long long time.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 9
I've always been a sucker for baroque pop. Only recently heard this guy, but I liked the creativity in his stuff - just not enough for an encore quite yet.

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #9 of 9
Sufjan Stevens does some outstanding music. I started with Illinoise too and got all albums except "Enjoy Your Rabbit" within a short time. To me, it is easy to "overdose" on SJ and the music can be physically exhausting, especially on headphones — but I come back to it again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back