Substitute for ATH- A900X ?
Jun 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

racounter

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I really love with closed back design  ATH-A900X. The criteria really does fulfill and satisfied me. Honestly i havent try them by myself, but after a survey and read tons of review, I think that is the headphone i wanted.

But unfortunately, it does not available on my country :frowning2:

Is there any headphones out there that perform similar to to ATH-A900X? My budget around 300$

p/s I prefer closed back :)

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 7
What sources are you going to be plugging the headphones into?
What country do you live in?
Is it easy to order stuff from outside your country?

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 7
  Hi everyone,

I really love with closed back design  ATH-A900X. The criteria really does fulfill and satisfied me. Honestly i havent try them by myself, but after a survey and read tons of review, I think that is the headphone i wanted.

But unfortunately, it does not available on my country :frowning2:

Is there any headphones out there that perform similar to to ATH-A900X? My budget around 300$

p/s I prefer closed back :)

Just ordered mine on amazon. ordered from japan cost me about 185$ Canadian plus shipping and import fees. the import fee was 19.95$

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 7
  What sources are you going to be plugging the headphones into?
What country do you live in?
Is it easy to order stuff from outside your country?

Hi purpleangel its me again :) 

my source are samsung galaxy s3 mini. and i already order FiiO e17 should arrived this friday. my budget is sufficient to cover both headphones and amp.

I live in Malaysia. I have no problem to purchase online. But I really want to test it with my own ears first. I am afraid to take the risk, this not cheap stuff.

Beyerdynamic dt770 pro does available near my area. if i have no other alternatives, i will get dt770 pro

Just ordered mine on amazon. ordered from japan cost me about 185$ Canadian plus shipping and import fees. the import fee was 19.95$

Wow quite cheap!   I ask my local store, they told me it cost 430$ to pre-order that headphones because of tax, shipping bla bla bla. damn cheater.  Mind to tell me your review? does it worth? how does it sound?

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 7
  Wow quite cheap!   I ask my local store, they told me it cost 430$ to pre-order that headphones because of tax, shipping bla bla bla. damn cheater.  Mind to tell me your review? does it worth? how does it sound?

Sound really good to me. Clearer than my dt770's and there my go to headphone. Bass is a little lighter than my dt770s but the clearness of the mid's and highs make up for it. note that this is still my first day listening to these headphones but to me they sound great already and probably only get better as time goes on.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 7
  Sound really good to me. Clearer than my dt770's and there my go to headphone. Bass is a little lighter than my dt770s but the clearness of the mid's and highs make up for it. note that this is still my first day listening to these headphones but to me they sound great already and probably only get better as time goes on.

what do you mean by "bass is a little higher than dt770s?"
how is the isolation? is it good? better than dt770?

do you bought from this url? http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-A900X-Monitor-Headphones-Import/dp/B005TCZIQA

what is the difference between japan and USA version?

I would tried dt770 at my local store. if i found it's good i would buy a900x from amazon. it is very cheap compare to dt770 at my local shop which is 300$ 

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 7
  what do you mean by "bass is a little higher than dt770s?"
how is the isolation? is it good? better than dt770?

do you bought from this url? http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-A900X-Monitor-Headphones-Import/dp/B005TCZIQA

what is the difference between japan and USA version?

I would tried dt770 at my local store. if i found it's good i would buy a900x from amazon. it is very cheap compare to dt770 at my local shop which is 300$ 

To me i find the sub bass to be a little lighter (less impact) than the dt770's not by much but noticable to my ears but i find that the a900x are clearer over all with more detailed sound.
i do believe that the a900x wasn't made for the usa market and are imported from japan.(guessing here correct me if i'm wrong) and wow i'm glad i bought my dt770's when i did cause they cost me about half of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back