Sub100$ InEars/Earbuds for Metal
May 12, 2008 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Setebos

New Head-Fier
Hi,

well.. as the title says - I'm looking for <100$ phones (incl international shipping). Although I've read a lot of threads I can't really decide. I mainly listen to Metal, sometimes to film soundtracks or Rock.
The phones should be comfortable, durable and ... yeah ... offer good sound, of course.
biggrin.gif

(There shouldn't be too much emphasis on any frequency but it needn't be totallly neutral either)

So... As far as I know the Audio Technica ck7 are good for Metal and quite cheap at warehouse123.com (btw. does anyone know if I can trust this dealer?). Would that be a good choice?

Also considering Head-Direct RE2 but I couldn't find out if it's suitable for Metal.

Hopefully you can end my dilemma and give me some advice (of course you can also pick other phones than that mentioned).
Thanks in advance!

May 12, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 13
Hey Delivery Man...

I wish there was a rule here about blatant advertising.

Regardless, you know that this trade-in is for the USA only.

The original poster clearly said "International Shipping".

For this Canadian, your zeal is definitely discouraging me from ever buying Sennheisers.

Steve

May 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 13
I appreciate any comment, but FreeZ5 is right; I live in Germany so the offer is out of the question for me. And as Sennheiser employee you are not really the person who I would think of giving an unbiased opinion. Sorry.
wink.gif

May 13, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 13
ATH CK7? Good bass, bright clear treble, great build quaility. They reproduced Dylan Carlson's grinding guitar well...oh, wait, you said a hundred dollars. I don't know how much they are in $ but they're about £70 here...

edit\ gawd, I should've read right thru your post....blush...but yes, a very good choice IMHO.

May 13, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 13
May 13, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 13
Ok, 50:50 concerning ck7/RE2 so far. Hope to hear more opinions from people who actually own one of them.
biggrin.gif

Didn't ever hear about the Vsonics - will do a little research on that, thanks.

About the vibes: Well, I've read lot of positive things about them, but also many negative statements. So I'm not totally convinced that this is the right choice...
wink.gif

May 14, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #11 of 13
Hi!

I'm interested about what the folks here would think about UE super.fi 3?
I bought a pair (used). If you want I can tell you my opinion about them when they arrive.

Jonas

May 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Yuin PK2...I have a set of PK3 and am amazed at the soundstage (yes soundstage from an earbud), bass and shimmering highs from these cheap looking things. I am going to send these to my son in Iraq and get a set of PK2!

Here is a link: Head-Direct.com

May 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo-Vo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested about what the folks here would think about UE super.fi 3?
I bought a pair (used). If you want I can tell you my opinion about them when they arrive.

I have to admit that these phones don't look comfortable at all to me.
Anyway, I'm always interested in getting as much opinions as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuin PK2...I have a set of PK3 and am amazed at the soundstage (yes soundstage from an earbud), bass and shimmering highs from these cheap looking things. I am going to send these to my son in Iraq and get a set of PK2!

Here is a link: Head-Direct.com

Aah, it's getting more difficult instead of getting easier for me. I already knew about them but forgot to put them on my list. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

So these are the most promising canditates for now (random order):

AT CK7
Head-Direct RE2
Yuin PK2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back