Sub-bass IEM list
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #16 of 59
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #17 of 59
Seriously?

Yes, absolutely seriously.

They reach their lowest amplitude just a little below 30 Hz, without any overdone boost (around +8 dB judged by diffuse-field standards), along with good speed, texture and control (for dynamic driver in-ears anyway - personally I didn't expect much from the ER2XR, but based on tuning, timbre and the overall sound package, they, quite surprisingly, have become some of my all-time favourite in-ears for recreational/more fun-oriented listening, regardless of price).

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 59
Great , i am very interested to see some impressions about the i88 , have you written something about the i88 , please share the link , thanks .

i88 in a few words: Good quality metal shells which feels like anodized aluminium with satin finish, nice enough cable and good bundled tip sets, back but not front vented unlike the i99. Sound signature is significant v-shape dominated by upper registers with two rather pronounced peaks at around 2 & 5kHz. Bass is clean, textured and decays fast, it's mid-bass centric but not in a bad way and digs deep enough. Good soundstage, air and detail retrieval. Overall I think they are rather good but mostly best suited for relatively low volume listening due to brightness/peaks but do very well at higher volume with bass driven stuff with not too much treble. YMMV.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #20 of 59
TONEKING MrZ Shock Wave III - tectonic sub-bass rumble, never heard again in any IEM. Very specyfic, panoramic presentation of sound with focus on details.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 59
Tiandirenhe TD06 2020 Revision is the king of sub bass.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #23 of 59
i88 in a few words: Good quality metal shells which feels like anodized aluminium with satin finish, nice enough cable and good bundled tip sets, back but not front vented unlike the i99. Sound signature is significant v-shape dominated by upper registers with two rather pronounced peaks at around 2 & 5kHz. Bass is clean, textured and decays fast, it's mid-bass centric but not in a bad way and digs deep enough. Good soundstage, air and detail retrieval. Overall I think they are rather good but mostly best suited for relatively low volume listening due to brightness/peaks but do very well at higher volume with bass driven stuff with not too much treble. YMMV.
Thank you very much bro for your detailed reply 😊

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #24 of 59
IMR Opus Mia😍

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #25 of 59
Keep em coming, guys. :)
Thinking about to buy some IEMs suitable for dnb music.
But I must say I'm quite happy with my old trusty Senns IE80

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #26 of 59
NCM Bella has wonderful sub bass!

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #27 of 59
W50 - BA Sub bass, Orb - Dynamic Sub bass, Kickers - Dynamic Sub bass...

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #28 of 59
I'm surprised that HYLA CE-5 or TE-5B haven't been mentioned yet. Those are really bass cannons, one of the most satisfying sub bass IEMs I have ever heard.

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #30 of 59
Yes, absolutely seriously.

They reach their lowest amplitude just a little below 30 Hz, without any overdone boost (around +8 dB judged by diffuse-field standards), along with good speed, texture and control (for dynamic driver in-ears anyway - personally I didn't expect much from the ER2XR, but based on tuning, timbre and the overall sound package, they, quite surprisingly, have become some of my all-time favourite in-ears for recreational/more fun-oriented listening, regardless of price).

Sure, but their mid-range overshadows the bass. It's there, but you need to tease it out with EQ to knock off the mid-range.

--------------------

If you're looking at sub-bass and don't mind shelling out the pennies, 64 Audio really hits that itch without cheating by straying into the upper bass area. Slopes are very gentle from 100Hz all the way to 20Hz. Nio and U12t demonstrate this very well.

CA Polaris (1st gen) is pretty decent for sub-bass too, but I'm not a huge fan of the V shape. 2nd gen, don't bother - yeah, you get even more sub bass but the treble goes truly nutty there.

The Sony IER-M7 and M9 have decent bass for BAs, but nothing to write home about. They do sound smooth, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back