Sub-$80, Hip-Hop/Rock/Electro, IEM
Dec 10, 2009 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Stn.

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, this is my second time requesting advice on which IEM as I did not act fast enough last time and things snowballed, but I'm back just needing a few seconds on your time.

Last time NE-6's were suggested, however, I have read here they may have durability concerns as well as my assumption that they are not the bang for buck IEM anymore.

- I listen to mostly Rap, a good amount of Altern/Indie rock, some acoustic, and just getting into electro/break beat.

- Using iPod Nano & Integrated sound on comp - No amps

- Sub $80 is preferable but I have a disease, as many people here do, that of something is better for a few extra dollars I want it.

I really appreciate any recommendations, you don't need to get into great detail as I will research, but I may have a few questions.

Thanks
beyersmile.png

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 7
for breakbeat based electro (bb hardcore, dnb, techno) and dubstep the Meelectronics M6's are amazing.
They do a very good job with hip hop, yes, I was very pleased with mine.
But the rock and acoustic I listened to on them, kings of leon, weezer, the killers, damien rice, john mayer etc. seemed rather boring if I'm honest but that was in comparison to Klipsch S2's which are pretty good for rock but not quite good for electro..Subeena's Analyse trashed my S2's

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 7
the S4 might be a good choice. i've never heard the S2 so don't know how they compare or if they are worth the extra price you pay for the S4 compared to the S2.

i listen to a fair amount of trance and they do well with them. i would imagine they would be good with the other genres u listed but i dont listen to those so cant really give you a fair comparison. theres a couple threads about the S4 and bunch of links for reviews if you go to the klipsch sponsor thread

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cyclone PR2. Read also my 4-month-update post here.

Checking them out now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for breakbeat based electro (bb hardcore, dnb, techno) and dubstep the Meelectronics M6's are amazing.
They do a very good job with hip hop, yes, I was very pleased with mine.
But the rock and acoustic I listened to on them, kings of leon, weezer, the killers, damien rice, john mayer etc. seemed rather boring if I'm honest but that was in comparison to Klipsch S2's which are pretty good for rock but not quite good for electro..Subeena's Analyse trashed my S2's

I've heard a lot of buzz on the S2's I'm browsing through the feedback thread now. To clarify, I listen to more acoustic then break-beat but more underground rap then both genres and on top of that some indie, so electro isn't exactly my top priority.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the S4 might be a good choice. i've never heard the S2 so don't know how they compare or if they are worth the extra price you pay for the S4 compared to the S2.

i listen to a fair amount of trance and they do well with them. i would imagine they would be good with the other genres u listed but i dont listen to those so cant really give you a fair comparison. theres a couple threads about the S4 and bunch of links for reviews if you go to the klipsch sponsor thread

Looking in this feedback thread also.

Sep 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 7
You listen to the exact same genres I do and I have the S4s.  They handle different kinds of music very well and make everything really fun to listen to.  Especially the electronic stuff.  Another good thing about the S4s is that they don't require an amp. 
Quote:
Hey guys, this is my second time requesting advice on which IEM as I did not act fast enough last time and things snowballed, but I'm back just needing a few seconds on your time.

Last time NE-6's were suggested, however, I have read here they may have durability concerns as well as my assumption that they are not the bang for buck IEM anymore.

- I listen to mostly Rap, a good amount of Altern/Indie rock, some acoustic, and just getting into electro/break beat.

- Using iPod Nano & Integrated sound on comp - No amps

- Sub $80 is preferable but I have a disease, as many people here do, that of something is better for a few extra dollars I want it.

I really appreciate any recommendations, you don't need to get into great detail as I will research, but I may have a few questions.

Thanks
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back