Sub $200 IEM Help
Jun 13, 2019 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

DankAudio

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am looking for the best IEM under $200 for mostly casual listening. I mostly listen to EDM, progressive and electronic music. I want a fun, detailed but not surgical/analytical sound signature.
I am not much of an audiophile and i would really appreciate any help.
I would be using the IEM with a FiiO M7 and HiBy R3.
I have narrowed the list down to:
-Moondrop Kanas Pro's
-Fearless Audio Crystal Pearls
-iBasso ITO1s
-IKKO OH1
My budget is flexible so if there is anything slightly above please recommend it as well
Thanks!

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 15
I strongly suggest Sony XBA-N3.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 15
Makahl and aisalen
Thanks for your help, i will be adding the Sony XBA-N3 to my list, the only problem is that the TFZ No. 3ti is around $300
Thanks for your feedback!

Well, it's $109 the non-Ti version and the reviewer who I've linked says there are no major differences between the Ti (titanium shell) and the regular one. But the XBA-N3 seems a good option too!

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #7 of 15
There's a similar discussion going on here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-for-200-dm6-cp-it01s-etc.908480/

I owned the Kanas Pro and I'd say it's very good for your music styles.
I sold it because I moved up a bit to a modded JVC HA-FD02 which IMO beats the KPE by a big margin and is described here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/page-13#post-14870966

I briefly heard the iBasso IT01s and found them a little bright for my taste but that's more like high energy in the upper mids/lower treble rather than piercing treble.

Jun 13, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #9 of 15
The Ex800st might be an interesting choice too. It's a bit over $200 when buying new, but it's a phenomenal iem with detailed bass. The bass can also be cranked up to basshead levels just by covering the port with electrical tape. It is an open iem though, so if you need isolation, this iem can't provide it.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #13 of 15
For the EX800 you have to consider that they are semi-open, not insulating much at all.
They are also rather dry sounding and treble can get a touch sharp. Out of my 3 IEMs they are the most analytical IMO. Make me sit up straight and listen for the tiny little details.

The XBA-N3 is a good recommendation IMO, very nice IEM, fun yet smooth and nothing sharp about them. Not for treble heads maybe, but really high quality easy and fun listen.

Did you see the great comparison tool Crinacle has put on his site?
https://crinacle.com/graphs/graphtool/
It's very useful, but keep in mind that it only compares frequency response, there's no information about technicalities like resolution, soundstage, speed etc.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 15
Nice tool! I find similarity with my N3 and my incoming Final E5000. It seems the E5000 is more relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back