Sub $1500 Universal IEMs
Sep 17, 2018 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

HappyMachine

Previously known as eternairest
Could anyone help me out with finding some IEMs that are sub $1500 and universal. I am looking for warmer (more bass-heavy headphones). Currently I am looking at the CA vegas and andromedas but would love to have a longer list of IEMs. I have the ER4XR and am looking for something similar with slightly more bass.

I have no other significant preferences, mostly listen to future bass and other EDM music.

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 17
Could anyone help me out with finding some IEMs that are sub $1500 and universal. I am looking for warmer (more bass-heavy headphones). Currently I am looking at the CA vegas and andromedas but would love to have a longer list of IEMs. I have the ER4XR and am looking for something similar with slightly more bass.

I have no other significant preferences, mostly listen to future bass and other EDM music.

If you're looking at the Vegas, also probably look at the Atlas, if you're not already.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 17
Atlas and Vega.

If you have more $, Legend X.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 17
Not a fan of the Noble K10U? Massdrop makes a version for sub-$1000.

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 17
The Lola’s are also another to consider a bit over budget but do have the signature you are looking at.

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 17
Surprised that EE Phantom is not even in here, but IMO it's on the warmer / more euphonic side with great bass for $1500

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 17
Vegas are awesome for bass enthusiasts, I've been a happy owner, but I also recommend you try the Sony mdr7550 first if you can. Less expensive and surprisingly great, they easily hold their own against the Vegas. They have 16mm driver for a very dynamic sound. Some people tape-mod the air vent for a bigger bass kick (which I also like).

Sep 22, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 17
Read up a little on the Lolas, they sound like exactly what I'm looking for. Might have to reconsider on my Vega choice. Doing a little bit more research now, thanks a ton!
I think lola doesn't have a bass as good as the vega. The reason why is that lola uses 2 balanced armatures for bass part. The 2 dynamic drivers are for mid range.

Sep 22, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #15 of 17
I think lola doesn't have a bass as good as the vega. The reason why is that lola uses 2 balanced armatures for bass part. The 2 dynamic drivers are for mid range.
Dont get me wrong, not that Vega is better than lola or vice versa. It is that they have a slightly different approach. The vega is more focus on bass while lola focus on mid (my friend, who heard lola, even said that she is the queen of mid)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back