Sub $150 MMCX IEM's w/ detachable cables for bluetooth
Mar 31, 2018 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

d3myz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi All,
I'm looking for a good entry to mid level audiophile quality set of IEM's. I recently purchased the Advanced Model 3's and the BT chord/harness/necklace thingy is a nightmare for me, but the sound quality seems very nice. I have thought about purchasing Shure or Mee Audio's Bluetooth MMCX universal Bluetooth cables for it, but price wise, I think I may be better off returning the ADV M3's. I find them slightly lacking in the high treble and mid-mid range (Cymbals don't shimmer and snare drums lack depth) granted i'm using an iphone 7 with spotify and some wav files via Bluetooth and I not familiar with break in periods or if such a thing exists with headphones. I have an old pair of UE Triple-fi 10's, that are decent, Jaybird X2 and X3's which have a good consumer grade sound, some KZ ATE's that have incredible muddy booming bass and some Beyer Dynamic BT770's which sound fantastic, but lack mid-range for my taste and their not IEM's. My goal is to find an MMCX IEM that I can attach to a Bluetooth cable, that has good sound quality. I light a slight V shape eq, I think, but overall i'm looking for some IEM's that have great mids, highs and clean powerful, accurate bass and sub bass, does this exist at this price range?. I've drummed for many year and I love bass guitar with good tone, but not muddy and a powerful accurate kick drum, but not overpowering. I listen to Audio Books, metal and post rock and occasionally Hip-Hop and EDM, guitar tone is important. From what i've read it sounds like I want a well balanced IEM with a wide sound stage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone speak to how the Advanced Model 3's compare to these and other IEMs? I compiled this list based on the $100 King poll. I don't know much about them or which have MMCX connections. I was leaning towards the Mee audio Pinnacle Px's, but users from MassDrop are complaining about the paint coming off and the stems breaking.

AKG N20
ibasso IT01
1More Triple Diver
Westone UM1
FiiO F9
FiiO FH1
Simgot EN700 Bass
TFZ King
TFZ E5
Oriveti Basic
AKG N20 Kinera H3
Pioneer CH9T
Whizzer A15 Pro
Simgot EN700 Bass,
Focal Sphear
Ostry kc09
KZ ZS6
Mee Audio Pinnacle PX/P1
Mee Audio Pinnacle P2

Here's a list of songs I used to typically test my headphones if anyone is interested. I tried to pick songs with excellent production quality and some that lack low end in the model 3's.

Eidola - Contra: Second Temple
Erra - Seven
RX Bandits - Ruby Cumulous
Textures - Reaching Home
Killswitch Engage - The Arms of Sorrow
Waking Aida - Incandenza
Muse - Hysteria
My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of You
Tides of Man - Not my Love 2
Machine Gun Kelly - Till I die
Ottmar Liebert - Passing Storm
La Dispute - a letter
Maybeshewill - Volga
Mew - Snow Brigade
Caspian - Halls of summer
Kusanagi - Letters on Paper Trees
SkyHarbor - Evolution
Van Halen - Jump (Remastered)

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Of those on your list and given your requirements, my personal preference would be for the IT01. It ticks the most boxes, IMO (detachable MMCX, eg, v shape, etc). It sounds absolutely fantastic for the price. I have not heard the Adv M3's, so can't compare with it, sorry. Maybe read about the IT01 and see what you think. It could work for you. Check out the review by pinkypowers on theheadphonelist.com.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for taking time to read my post. I was really hoping to get a few recommendations as i've read all the reviews on the ibasso it01's. They look great and i'm about to purchase some. I was hoping someone here had experience with the Model 3 and could compare them to some of the other IEM's in the $100 price range, the longer i listen to them, the more I like them I just absolutely hate the wireless cable they come with, the mic quality is terrible and it's a hassle to take on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back