Sub $100 IEMs for Rock/Electronic, with low-average isolation
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been out of the game for a while and haven't kept up with what's good in the IEM realm. I currently have SE425s, but I've owned SE215s in the past. I also largely use EarPods. I'm using Apple Music from my iPhone SE, so there's no need for anything astounding, but I do need less isolation. I'm a college student, and sadly the SE425s isolate too much when I'm walking around campus and may need to hear people; the EarPods are great for having less isolation, but they're very uncomfortable and leave some to be desired.

I tend to like a very clear and prominent midrange (largely for vocals and guitars), and muddy/overpowering bass bothers me a lot. My SE425s are nice, but can get somewhat congested with music with heavy bass. I really enjoy my Grado SR80i, and would love to find something with a similar sound signature. Build quality is a must as well, because I'm moving around a lot and frequently shoving these into my pocket/backpack (although I would probably use a case if it's not too bulky).

It seems the newest IEM obsession around these parts is the iBasso IT01, which looks to be a great value, but may not have the sound signature I want--I hear it's quite v-shaped. If anyone has any recommendations that might fit the bill for around $100 (slightly flexible), I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

***Edit: I'm also not opposed to bluetooth headphones, if there are any recommendations within the price range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back