Sub $100 analytical iems. *MUST BE SHALLOW INSERTION.
Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

CrystalT

500+ Head-Fier
As the title says, I'm looking for.analytical. I'm fine with slight colorations towards upper mids. My bass preference is articulation and accuracy. Quantity will be provided by the songs mixing, not by tuning bias in the in ears.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 10
The only thing I can think of is the HiFiMan RE0 or RE-ZERO.  I recently heard of a few people scoring Phonak PFE121s for 100 bucks as well.  If you can do that, the would be a step up IMO.  

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is the HiFiMan RE0 or RE-ZERO.  I recently heard of a few people scoring Phonak PFE121s for 100 bucks as well.  If you can do that, the would be a step up IMO.  

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 10
Any model of the PFE 1xx series, Ety HFx (using Shure olive foam tips), RE0, Apple In Ear.

A final option I have found recently is Monster Ncredible Nergy. This IEM should be available from Walmart or Best Buy locally with no hassle return policies. It is the most NON-monster like signature I have heard. The bass is on the leaner side, the mids are very good, and treble is also very good. Sound stage wise I also find it is above average. If you decide to give it a try, leave it playing music at slightly louder than comfortable volume for 1-2 nights and this speed up it's maturation where the midrange becomes fully present and the bass settles down just a smidge. It will not be quite as detailed as the BA based IEM's listed or the RE0 but will close. I own or have owned every one of the IEM's I have recommended aside from the RE0 and I grab the Nergy more often than not over the Ety and PFE (just selling the PFE now) and returned the Apple for a refund. Price of the Nergy will be $60-70 and it has an Apple/Android talk button/mic.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #8 of 10

I absolutely refuse to go above sub-$100 after tax and shipping.

I'm looking for more analytical dynamics. I fell in love with hsi's golden crystal before they broke inside the ysplit

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I absolutely refuse to go above sub-$100 after tax and shipping.
I'm looking for more analytical dynamics. I fell in love with hsi's golden crystal before they broke inside the ysplit

You'll have to deal with build issues with the RE0 then I'm afraid.  Some people have recommended the ADDIEM, they are more of a sweet sound rather than an actual analytical.  Still a good IEM, under 80, mine haven't broken on me yet (but the tips fall off when I take them out of my ears :frowning2:).  That's all I can give as option then.  

If you want to try the Etymotic HF-series or EtyKids series with Glider tips, that's another option.  Great build, analytical sound, shallow insertion due to the glider tips.  Both seem to come with gliders.  Foam tips are also available as well (Shure, Etymotic, Comply, etc. for an additional price).  HF-series has foam tips included, EtyKids don't.  EtyKids will run you around 40 dollars.  HF-series seem to scurt that 100 dollar price range.  Buy online to avoid taxes.

The RE0 is already 80 dollars (even with tax, it won't exceed 100), online you most likely won't get charged.  It is more of a shallow insertion rather than a deep.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back