Stumbled Upon
Dec 23, 2020 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

havagr8da

100+ Head-Fier
Sometimes we just stumble upon something that just works. Beyond reason maybe - but just by chance - there is a wow moment that you are sure will drag you back. No matter how alter intuitive it is [that moment scratched the itch] for audio nirvana. One of these moments happened to me on my gaming laptop. The main audio program for this particular laptop is Nahimic as it is geared toward gaming. But here is the stumble. Nahimic also has in it's options Music, along with Movies, Gaming, and Communication.

I have never used my gaming laptop for listening to music other than tracks in a game. Then along came Cyber Punk 2077, which by the way has an excellent soundtrack during gameplay. While driving around in game listening to the in game radio I thought about maybe setting the Nahimic settings to Music. Ah!, here is the stumble upon moment. In the Nahimic program the Music option had settings for Voice, Bass and Treble. While playing with these settings in game I thought [maybe] this would also work with Amazon Music HD.

Maybe not just Amazon HD but maybe even worth a try with my DAC and Amp combo and favorite headphones. Now I know this is a DSP working on the music pre dac and for some not acceptable. But what a great little nuance in alteration and control of the music driven to the DAC. Like a super simple Loki in digital form.

Stumbled upon this and thought I might share it. Gamers out there using Nahimic don't miss out on using a great Dac/Amp combo with favorite headphones. Music is an option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back