Stuff to do in San Antonio
Jul 11, 2007 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Nebby

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I'm finally here for my laser surgery, that's going to be tomorrow. But since everything was short notice I don't have a plan for places to see and things to do for the 7 days I'm here for. Anyone have suggestions on stuff I should see/do?
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 15
Come visit me. (I think I'm the only SA Head-Fier.)

But in all seriousness, there is nothing to do in San Antonio. Run away as fast as you can.

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 15
Taco Express has some really good breakfast tacos if you happen to be around in the morning. Really cheap, too. (Around $2.50 for two tacos and a drink if I recall correctly.)

Mmm. Breakfast tacos.

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 15
Then you'd never have to worry about having to come to San Antonio ever again ;D

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #8 of 15
Another SA head-fier here. I guess our city's not really all that exciting in the big scheme of things... I guess the riverwalk is an obvious suggestion along with the Alamo... although I dont find the Alamo to be all that exciting... I like Northstar mall... uhhh...if you're in the mood for some greek food... my favorite place is John the Greek at 281 and thousand oaks. Other than that there arent really any sights to see... we just have stuff like malls and outdoor shopping centers like La Cantera, riverwalk etc...

man this thread is bumming me out making me realize how unexciting our city is...

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard good things about the northstar mall, I'll have to give that a try
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah its a good mall to kill some time at. Some decent stores. They recently fixed it up so its a lot nicer inside. Also, right behind Northstar, I believe its East Rector street, is a Sea Island. Good place if you're hungry for lunch or dinner or whatever. Though its not like gourmet sea food or anything...

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great restaurants.

Yeah I was thinking about that... we dont really have a lot of stuff to DO...but people in San Antonio do like to eat, and as a result there are tons of great places to throw it down...

Jul 11, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great restaurants.

Oh, yes. My wife is in the Air Force and we've lived all over the place, but the best food by far was in San Antonio. Mexican, Cajun, Chinese, BBQ, American, oh my goodness I'm hungry.
biggrin.gif

The Riverwalk is a must-see, and the Missions are neat, but the Alamo didn't impress me. If I went back to SA I would spend most of my time going back to favorite restaurants: The Alamo, Pappasitas (sp?), County Line, Golden Dragon, Acadiana, T-Shirts... Time to go eat.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #14 of 15
Ditto Hardwired. I would spend a few days on the Riverwalk - best Tex-Mex food in the world, great shopping, and awesome margaritas.

If you are into amusement parks, Sea World is great (although I haven't been there in a few years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back