STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #196 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting pretty excited about getting this roCoo player with the Studio. I didn't expect such a nice "gift" for the early pre-order. Before, I was so excited about the Studio that I thought this roCoo would just collect dust, but now I think I'll actually use it quite a bit if the sq is good, and I'm getting the immpresion that it will be. Turns out it does have a screen, and a nice amp inside too.

I can ensure you, ROCOO will be your " must have" player. for my experiences and obervations with ROCOO are so perfect, I have toughly tested it for about 2 days, to my surprise, it never freezed !!!, for this sample was sent by Hisoundaudio for problem-seeking before formally releasing to the maket. but until now I can't report any problem to hisoundaudio.

I agree with Maodi, ROCOO can be double the price. For I can't find out any rival DAPs at present.( Sorry for my poor knowledge on DAPs,I also like to see if some one can prove there are some DAPs are better than ROCOO)

Let's verify with their players that dose Hisoundaudio practice their promise to be a developer of hifi or hi end portable audio gears with all of their players?.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #198 of 559
The Rocoo is a must have player. It's so affordable, so easy to use, well built, EXTREMELY EXTREMELY powerful, nice warm and fun sound, with a 10 hour battery life which out classes a lot already. Nothing i've seen in it's price range is this good. Sort of off topic, still burning in the Studio, but so far my experience with it is extremely nice. It's extremely well built like the Amp3, but it's much more refined. Despite being wider, it feels smaller and better in the hand. The only problem i've noticed is the slightly recessed inputs, which those with right angle plugs might find it annoying that the tiniest little tug can cause the right channel to go.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #199 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what are the real differences between the rocoo and the amp3. is its screen the same size? does it have an internal memory?
How's its menu system? i wonder how hisoundaudio have refined their menu system / gui since the last one left something to be desired.

The Rocoo is a totally different player in terms of looks, and sound. The Rocoo was pointed towards the teenagers as it offers a sound that's great and easy to accept by many.

PS: Sorry, my fault. They previously mentioned the Rocoo by itself a long time ago that might be $50 USD. So my fault on pricing. Rocoo-A is $99, B is $79.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #200 of 559
So where can I buy this Rocoo gem?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #201 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Rocoo is a totally different player in terms of looks, and sound. The Rocoo was pointed towards the teenagers as it offers a sound that's great and easy to accept by many. It's extremely affordable at $50USD or so.

50 usd? I thought it was 99? I'd be shocked if it were 50 dollars.

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #203 of 559
Quote:

The Rocoo is a totally different player in terms of looks, and sound. The Rocoo was pointed towards the teenagers as it offers a sound that's great and easy to accept by many.

Oh, so i guess the Rocoo isnt just a prettier amp3 replacement. What about it's sound is more accessible, would you say?
Out of curiosity, does it support a line-in player like the amp3 as well? if it's as small as it looks that might make it a killer portable amp (at that price, no less).

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #205 of 559
Quote:

The roCoo will not have a line in. It's strictly a player.

The RoCoo is a line. There's the A and B, that's a line already. Small line, but none the less it is.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #206 of 559
Quote:

The RoCoo is a line. There's the A and B, that's a line already. Small line, but none the less it is.

Not a product line, they meant does the rocoo have a line input jack, for an external source. The rocoo will not have a line input jack.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #207 of 559
Quote:

Not a product line, they meant does the rocoo have a line input jack, for an external source. The rocoo will not have a line input jack.

Maybe MAODI means ROCOO is a other products series of Hisoundaudio.

In fact, ROCOO has no line in socket. So it can't be used as an individual external amp.

But ROCOO-A also has a built in Class A amp. say, the sound singal out of ROCOO is MP3 singal +amped. So ROCOO don't need any portable amp to improve the sound quality.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #208 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In fact, ROCOO has no line in socket. So it can't be used as an individual external amp.

But ROCOO-A also has a built in Class A amp. say, the sound singal out of ROCOO is MP3 singal +amped. So ROCOO don't need any portable amp to improve the sound quality.

no, what some people were thinking of was to use the Rocoo as a portable amp, like the Pro1 and 2, not to use the Rocoo WITH an amp.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #209 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, that is what Maodi meant, that the RoCoo is a product line. The question however was whether or not the RoCoo had a line in socket. It does not. Nobody was asking about needing to amp the RoCoo.

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #210 of 559
Sorry, my mistake....And no, the RoCoo doesn't not have a line in. It would be nice to have one though, this little player is so powerful it's scary...literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back