Studio Beats, Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD25-1 ii??
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gamup66

New Head-Fier
    Hey guys! Okay so. Basically, i have no idea of anything about headphones and stuff, but i've been wanting to change my Sennheiser PX 200-ii for awhile now. I am looking around and i've always wanted Studio beats for awhile now... but after reading reviews on the net it has said to be easily breakable, too much emphasis on the bass and too overpriced? Well somewhere along that line. So i've been reading around and the Grado SR80is and Sennheiser HD25-1 iis have been mentioned quite a couple of times... 

I'm not really familiar with those 2 headphones as i've never tried them before, and i've never heard of grados before either :\ So i have a few questions. How much difference are there between these 3 headphones with my current PX200-iis? And, out of the three, which is the most suitable for me? I listen to all kinds of music actually.

And are there any other headphones recommended for me? I'd appreciate all of your help! Thanks!

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 3
If you like the PX 200 II for what it is, I feel that you'' enjoy the SR-80.

The HD-25-1 II is a 200 dollar headphone, I don't feel that it's always fair to compare 100 dollar Grados to 200 dollar anything else even though some people do prefer them. An SR-225 will give you better sound quality, the Senn will give you isolation from outside noise and keep your music in your ears and not leak out to the world.

If you don't move around a lot, Grados would be pretty awesome, but HD-25's are like the ultimate portable now until you start paying a lot more money than what you've mentioned.

With Grado, you probably want to buy them on Amazon in case you don't like them and want to return them along with any other headphone. I'm like 90 percent sure you'd love them though based on what you get out of the PX-200's.

Out of the 3, I think the HD-25 would be the crowd pleaser, I generally really like Sennheiser's portables!

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 3
I would not recommend the sennheiser HD 25-1 II unless you like your music in mono since it has no soundstage.
I have the beyerdynamic DT770 pro now, is also closed so no sound leakage and sounds fantastic. Only downside: they are a bit bigger than the senn HD25-1 II but they are much more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back