1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck between beyerdynamic dt 770 pro or Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GM

?

Which headphones would suit me more?

1. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Audio-Technia ATH-MSR7GM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DownRoad
    Hi! I made a thread on here a few months ago, but now I'm ready to make a purchase in early June/ End of may.

I was wondering if anyone could guide me to a purchase. I've been doing some research and I think I'd be interested in either the Beyer dynamic dt 770 pros or the Audio Technica ATH MSR7GM.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008POFOHM...olid=278OIVIRS8QNG&coliid=I3F5WELY49BUZ0&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00PEUBIKM...TF8&colid=278OIVIRS8QNG&coliid=I3LATYCY69C4EH

I'm looking for something closed back (I have Sennheiser HD 558s already), with good mids/highs but also present bass. I listen to all genres of music so It's hard to make a recommendation on that I think. My budget is supposed to be under $300 Canadian, but I'd be willing to go up to the Audio Technicas if I need to.

I'll be using these headphones with me basically everywhere, but especially on my phone and on my computer. On a bus, maybe while exercising, etc. etc.

My biggest issue that's stopping me from buying the Beyer dynamics is the fact that it doesn't have a removable cord, and the biggest thing stopping me from the Technicas is the price. I'm antsy about the cord because my HD 558s had a bad cord that i had to replace, and I want to be able to have the option to do so in the future in case something goes wrong.

Can someone help me out?

2. serman005
    I guess the question I have is, how do you feel about treble? The DT770 is a very treble-emphasized headphone that some people find incredibly sibilant. Have you listened to one before? Were you okay with the treble delivery? Just checking.

3. DownRoad
    I Havent listened to most headphones tbh. The only other pair I've had are my Sennheiser Hd 558 S, which are bass heavy I think...

4. serman005
    In that case, I think me personally, I would recommend that you go with the MSR7 of the two. I am just worried about that top end on the DT770. It really is sibilant, IMO. In your price range, I also like the SoundMAGIC HP150 and the AKG K553 Pro quite a lot. They are both more balanced than the DT770, IMO. You might read about them and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you. Otherwise, like I said, I would go with the MSR7.

5. leo5111
    i had Dt770,s seemed waaaaay to Sibilant for me