street style headphone recommendations
Dec 17, 2007 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

timmins

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, as you can see by my rig I've gone through a fair number of portable headphones, another set has bitten the dust. My cat ruined my pmx-100s, I saw it as an opportunity to picked up some new phone, I settled on ATH-ES7 and was thoroughly unimpressed with them. I've realised that I require sport style headphones. I've had KSC-55 and liked them but it's hard to find a place that ships them to Canada for a good price. the aforementioned PMX-100s sounded pretty good but the little plastic piece that stuck behind the ear was quite uncomfortable.

Does anyone have recommendations for Street/Sport style headphones? how do the sony ones sound?

Thanks

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #2 of 25
If you can get them, I'd recommend the Grado iGrado's.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 25
x3, enjoying them right now with a little Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone.

I A/Bed the SR60s with the iGrados (thanks to HeadRoom) for about 3 weeks and while I loved the SR60s, the difference between them and the iGrados (with foam removal mod) didn't justify the $20 difference AND the office-friendly headband was a factor as well.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 25
if you're looking for a cheaper koss route, there's the SportaPros. they have the same drivers, aren't as good looking (arguably) but they get the job done and they can be worn street style or above the head.

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 25
thanks guys, how heavy are the igrados do you find that they are an impediment when playing sports? are they comfortable?

do you find the sportapros comfortable? I think I just might go for them.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks guys, how heavy are the igrados do you find that they are an impediment when playing sports? are they comfortable?

do you find the sportapros comfortable? I think I just might go for them.

I jog and bicycle with my iGrados without any problems. They can be a little uncomfortable for a week or two, but they will become more comfortable with time. You can also stretch out the headband without fear of breaking it.

Another option (not to confuse you any more) would be the Sennheiser PMX 100s. They're the street style version of the PX-100s.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another option (not to confuse you any more) would be the Sennheiser PMX 100s. They're the street style version of the PX-100s.

Not an option, his cat has a thing for them.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 25
whoops...need to slow down a little.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #13 of 25
thanks for all your help, I've decided on the sportapros for a number of reasons.

weight: 2.2 ounces as opposed to the igrados three ounces.

cost: they're about half the price if I'm not mistaken.Does anybody know the cheapest place for the sportapro that'll ship to Canada?

suspected comfort: I don't have a chance to try either of them, but I suspect that the sportapros will be more comfortable. Anyone in Toronto who knows of a store that has sportapros?

Thanks to a Mod, the KSC-55s have been my best headphones to date. If the sportapros don't work out
smily_headphones1.gif
, I'll end up going back to the 55s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back