Street headphone suggestions under $150?
Sep 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fangmasterflex

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

My brother in law is currently looking for some headphones for his daily commute around the train system in NYC.  I've been out of the headphone game for a while, and the new amount of choices are really staggering.  He brought up the beats, but after reading threads around here they don't seem very heavily favored.  He listens to mostly rock and hip hop, but likes a bit of everything.  He's looking for over the ear headphones that he can wear around the city that have some "street" style.  Since he's commuting, i'm guessing he would prefer a closed headphone.  Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 4
IEM's

Best for commutes

Othewise, check out the Ultrasone Line. Good bassy headphones that would be nice for commuting.

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Hello all,

My brother in law is currently looking for some headphones for his daily commute around the train system in NYC.  I've been out of the headphone game for a while, and the new amount of choices are really staggering.  He brought up the beats, but after reading threads around here they don't seem very heavily favored.  He listens to mostly rock and hip hop, but likes a bit of everything.  He's looking for over the ear headphones that he can wear around the city that have some "street" style.  Since he's commuting, i'm guessing he would prefer a closed headphone.  Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Heya,

Denon D1100. Great isolation, looks good (Denon classiness), comfortable, has a good sound stage, sort of bright, metallic sound, and a lot of good bass response and punch. Short cord & long cord extension for portable use and home use. And has a carry pouch. Light and not too large, so not goofy to wear around in public, hangs around neck easily too.

Other headphones to check out and consider:

Ultrasone HFI 580 & 780
Shure SRH840 & SRH750 DJ
Roc Nation Aviators
BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back