Strange Request
Oct 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

durcheinander

New Head-Fier
I have Shures E2Cs and looking for an upgrade, the wires are getting stiff and looks like they may crack. I like how well the E2Cs "wedge" in my ears and stay's in during physical activity. I am wondering if the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros would do the same with the "flip flop" mod.

Does anyone have side by side pictures of the E2C with Super.Fi Pros? I don't need to see them "in ear" just looking for a side by side size comparsion.

Oct 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 11
I did the flip-flop mod on my UE sf5's and I found that they do not express as wide a soundstage or hold as well as the orignal fit but I'm a sedmentary listener.

Sleek SA6's fit tight and comfortably, and are super super tiny, but they are close to the same price as the UE SF5's and the UE's have much better SQ IMHO.The UE's have a stiffer wire that has earloops too go over the ear .The wires of the Sleek hang down and are thinner and more flexible and Sleek has a new Kleer technology wireless sytem made just for the SA6's.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 11
The problem I have and why I like the E2Cs is that they wedge in my ears and don't move when I workout. I have tried other IEM but they don't seem to fit well and have a tendency to fall out. I have tried Sennheiser CX300, JVC HA-FX66R and even my sister's Etymotic ER6 with the double flanged tips. They all fall out when I workout. Earbuds are a joke, they fall out when I chew gum.... Am I screwed??????? Have I been damned with weird ears?
confused_face.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 11
If you dont want any movement, get:
-Customs
-Shure
-Westones
-Very small IEMS (ER 6i, Q-Jay, etc)

And stay away from:
-UE
-Non-IEMs

UE phones are all quite big and arent built to fill into your ear very well. Small IEMs won't stick out of your canal at all (back of driver housing touches the inside of the little ear flap) and probably won't move. Shures and westones are shaped to fill the open area in your ear and wedge themselves in. Customs of course are customs. Make sure when you use ER 6's you pull your ear open and insert them deeply - they absolutely will NOT fall out when they are in correctly.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 11
I liked the ultimate ears due to the replaceable wires (especially good for the gym since they get tugged on a bit) and the good reviews. I tried my sisters ER6, I think they are the same as ER 6I, and they don't stay in either.... So I was looking for something with replacable wires and a good firm fit. I thought about customs but the price is a little daunting especially when you think they are only used for the gym, plus they may get damaged for sweat.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #9 of 11
The er 6i have triflanges but I usually use biflanges like the 6 and sometimes a notsocommon foam tip. Seriously, make sure you are inserting them right - they go in MUCH deeper than the shures. There is no way they would EVER fall out on me.
edit: here is an image of the 6i in someone's ear how I wear it that it simply never falls out:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...6iinear006.jpg

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 11
I tried the Sleek SA6's with the bi-flange tip and it was very hard to pull them out. I can't imagine how they could come out accidently

Hearyourself.com has "Alien Ears "customs with free shipping, Free inpression kit. and many color choices. The lowest prices of any customs. They used to offer "Any Color" but that is now limited to eight or nine free colors with custom color and artwork a little extra

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/

The was recently a 30% discount if you sign up for and use Microsoft live search but I don't know if it's still in effect

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 11
I think most IEM that take Shure's "olive" tip would stay securely in ears due to "olive's" firm but flexible nature, provided that it is not too heavy. As mentioned, it includes the Westone, Shure, Etymotic (ER-6i & ER-4, the ER-6 appear to use a different tip) and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back