stopping tracks midway on computer player produces clicking....
post-786400
Post #1 of 5

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
OK, I used to always pressed the stop button on winamp when I didn't feel like finishing a song or an mp3. However this produces a slight clicking. Is this bad for my headphones, DT 770 non/pro? I'm just being paranoid now because I apparently messed up my left driver. I just got my fixed cans back from Beyerdynamic after a warranty repair.

Also I find when I multitask, I have to be careful, or else my songs will clip. Not sure why. I try not to run too many programs at once. And my computer is pretty beastly.... Still, I don't want to do anything that harms my cans...after having experienced a messed up left driver.

post-786477
Post #2 of 5

Mr.Radar

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Try switching to Foobar2000. It has Replaygain (a special tag that allows FB2k and other Replaygain compatible players to automaticly adjust the volume of the track on playback to be consistant with other tracks) which should drasticly reduce clipping. FB2K should also remove the "clicking" while changing tracks because it's a gapless player.

post-786512
Post #3 of 5

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
OK, I used to always pressed the stop button on winamp when I didn't feel like finishing a song or an mp3. However this produces a slight clicking. Is this bad for my headphones, DT 770 non/pro?

Yea but....

post-786519
Post #4 of 5

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Not bad for your headphones. It's a nature of the continuous waveform: if you abruptly cut it to zero, it will click.

Fading out to zero quickly (i.e. a plugin/control in the playback software that does this) is the solution.

post-786562
Post #5 of 5

harkamus

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Not bad for your headphones. It's a nature of the continuous waveform: if you abruptly cut it to zero, it will click.

Fading out to zero quickly (i.e. a plugin/control in the playback software that does this) is the solution.

Thanks.

Is there a way to do this without "equalizing" all the tracks? I don't know if that is the right term for it. I mean I don't want to make all my songs the same volume. It's just not good for the sound quality IMO. The songs weren't made to all be the same volume anyway. Why try to make them the same? So is there a plugin that just fades the "song out to zero quickly" that does not Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
automaticly adjust the volume of the track on playback to be consistant with other tracks

EDIT: By fading it out to zero, don't you mean at the end of the song? Is there a plugin that fades the song to zero and then stops the song afterwards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)