STOP TELLING PEOPLE YOU CAN'T TELL 192AAC VS LOSSLESS ILL PROVE IT
Feb 18, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #421 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well then, are you not testing with your rig, because you know you wont get it?

10/11 != 100%

This isn't about my test, I never claimed it was. I doubt I could hear the diffeence, so I don't use lossless portably. This is about the fact that you said one thing, could not back it up, then backed out of your deal. Put up, or shut up.

I Havent put up?

I have been asking over and over of a way to do the test with my rig?

Shows how much you understand. I am not avoiding the test with my rig. I simply dont know how to do it?

I Would need and ABX software that would run on my ipod that is compatable with MAC. You find it! I will do it!

I think I did prove a point. Others here that orginally were non belivers have switched to lossless!

So it's no just me. And since when it defending your opinion ranting?

Anyway enjoy what ever you decide to listen too thats the point when its all said and done.

In additon looking at your Headphone inventory and I dont mean this in a neg manner, but you are never gonnna hear the difference so dont bother with lossless it will be a waste of your time and space.

Feb 18, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #423 of 463
Moral of the story:

If you don't spend $3,767+ on gear.. don't use Lossless you won't hear the difference.

The funny thing, is you are using a hornet, and you think your gear is top notch.

No, you haven't put up. You have not guessed 100%.

How hard is it to have someone crate a playlist, transfer it to your ipod, NOT look at the player, guess the songs, then check your guesses?

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #424 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been asking over and over of a way to do the test with my rig?

No offence but you have over and over again ignored requests for a blind test. Not even explained yes/no - ignored. If someone sat with you and played 10 songs, 5 lossy/5 lossless randomly and you guess correctly, fantastic! You guess correctly... nothing changes. You guess wrong... nah that wouldn't happen

I still don't understand why someone can't have songs at 192 and buy nice headphones
plainface.gif
I still don't understand this thread for that matter

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #425 of 463
I can't believe that I've read all 22 pages.

There are 2 conclusions that I can draw:

- Lossless is marginally better than something like a nicely encoded 250kbps VRB song in LAME. The difference from 128kbps-192kbps-230-250kbps VBR are pretty big but after that they get marginally smaller.

- Todd carries himself with the infantility of a 6-year old on these forums (ungrounded gloating, stating everything like it's a fact, etc...). I feel sorry for the guy if he carries these mannerisms in real life.

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #426 of 463
For me, the real reason to rip in lossless: If at some point you have gear that shows the difference, you'll have to rerip. Why not rip at the highest quality you can, so that down the road you don't have to redo the work. Transcoding from lossless to lossy for whatever use, but keep the lossless copy.

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #427 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offence but you have over and over again ignored requests for a blind test. Not even explained yes/no - ignored. If someone sat with you and played 10 songs, 5 lossy/5 lossless randomly and you guess correctly, fantastic! You guess correctly... nothing changes. You guess wrong... nah that wouldn't happen

I still don't understand why someone can't have songs at 192 and buy nice headphones
plainface.gif
I still don't understand this thread for that matter

You have not read the thread I did do a blind ABX TEST and posted results back at the beeginnng of this whole thread.

So Im not sure what you are talking about?

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #428 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Todd carries himself with the infantility of a 6-year old on these forums (ungrounded gloating, stating everything like it's a fact, etc...). I feel sorry for the guy if he carries these mannerisms in real life.

I have apologzed at least 3 times wthin this thread for offending anyone with my believes. I got frustrated and taunted into taking a test which passed.

Others now agree I have yet to see anyone elses test results?

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #429 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a reason why abx threads are banned in the cable forum.

I wish this were moved, it's nothing to do with headphones and yet here it is, clogging up this forum like a nasty turd and pushing actual headphone threads off the page. Not cool.

Mods: can you please move this to computer audio where it belongs.

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #430 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moral of the story:

If you don't spend $3,767+ on gear.. don't use Lossless you won't hear the difference.

The funny thing, is you are using a hornet, and you think your gear is top notch.

No, you haven't put up. You have not guessed 100%.

How hard is it to have someone crate a playlist, transfer it to your ipod, NOT look at the player, guess the songs, then check your guesses?

Like someone would believe I didnt look at the files. Needs to be an ABX test so that shows what you know! You honestly believe I could post on this site for someone to send me files to listen to on my rig (and I wont look) and post my results. Thats is the stupidist suggestion I have ever heard.

MY portable rg is not $3,700 DOLLARS

Ipod .5.5Gen = $249.99
UE-10's = $900
Molds= $50
Cryo Dock $100.00
Hornet $395.00

Total=$1694.99

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #431 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish this were moved there or in tweaks, it's nothing to do with headphones and yet here it is, clogging up this forum like a nasty turd and pushing actual headphone threads off the page. Not cool.

x2: this and the "on the superiority of vinyl" thread seem to stay up top: no body reads through these rants! (OK, every once in awhile I take a peak to see how much blood is drawn
icon10.gif
)

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #432 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like someone would believe I didnt look at the files. Needs to be an ABX test so that shows what you know! You honestly believe I could post on this site for someone to send me files to listen to on my rig (and I wont look) and post my results. Thats is the stupidist suggestion I have ever heard.

MY portable rg is not $3,700 DOLLARS

Ipod .5.5Gen = $249.99
UE-10's = $900
Molds= $50
Cryo Dock $100.00
Hornet $395.00

Total=$1694.99

Hey if you can't keep yourself from looking, then you know, yourself, you cannot pass the test.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #433 of 463
I can't believe you guys are slugging it out over this. These days, a 300GB drive is, like $70. If storage space was at a premium, I could see arguing over the sound quality of different CODECs.

But when storage is this cheap, and going to get cheaper yet, just rip everything lossless. Why not? If you run out of space in 6 months, you'll be able to get an even bigger drive than what you paid for the one you filled up. Compression is a non-issue. Storage will grow to the point that lossless will be the standard and lossy will be pointless. The only reason we have the lossy CODECs is to save storage room, right?

Maybe I could save a few gigs compressing, but I just don't see the point.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #434 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish this were moved there or in tweaks, it's nothing to do with headphones and yet here it is, clogging up this forum like a nasty turd and pushing actual headphone threads off the page. Not cool.

MY LAST POST IN THIS THREAD I PROMISE!

[size=small]Facts:[/size]

TROSE49 makes bold claim acts way to arrogant! (I get that/sorry)
TROSE49 says he could pass blind ABX with his own rig for a 10/10 (SNOOTY I get that/sorry again)
FEB make a challenge to TROSE49
TROSE49 uses his UE-10's and stock soundcard to take an ABX an gets 14/16 a .2% get rate
TROSE49 Post results!
Forum now changes the entire premise that now it does'nt matter if TRose can tell and make other arguments (files size etc. Def pros and cons)
22 Pages of CRAP Slinging on both sides (sorry for a 3rd time
wink.gif
)
Forum Claims that I could have just guessed at the ABX (
blink.gif
)
Forum People that have not read the whole thread make crazy claims that I did not even acknowledge the challenge????
blink.gif

JBLOUDG20 suggests that I have not taken the test with my rig because I will fail!

I will now stop posting in response to further being bated to argue etc.

I stick true to my initial statement that 192AAC is more noticeble to me vs lossless than maybe others.

Further if JBLOUDG20 thinks that It was easier using a stock HP soundcard vs my $1,700 rig he's not thinking clearly.

Last! I APOLOGIZE FOR RANTING IMMATURE BEHAVIOR and it will not happen again.

I respect all the members here very much and would like their respect as well.
[size=large]
I will try to earn it in the future!
[/size]

TROSE49 OUT!

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #435 of 463
I will only ask the question again...
"Why can't I have the ability to hide threads started by people on my ignore list?"

Other than that, I have nothing to offer the conversation because the original poster knows everything, and it's clearly not up for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back